Quick 123.hp.com/ojpro6978 Setup
PICK YOUR ISSUES
123.hp.com/ojpro6978 printer is an ideal choice for home and small workgroups. The primary functions of the printer are print, copy, fax, and two-sided duplex printing.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Paper Jam
When you are printing documents, the printer suddenly stops printing, and the papers are not fed in the feeder. Papers might get jammed in various parts of the printer. It occurs due to the usage of low-quality papers in the 123.hp.com/ojpro6978 printer.
How To Replace Ink Cartridge In HP Officejet Pro 6978
In the HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer, replace the empty or low ink cartridges to get high-quality prints. Make sure that you use the genuine ink cartridges prescribed by HP. In the HP Officejet Pro 6878 printer, individual slots will be provided for color and black inks. Install the ink cartridges in the appropriate slots.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Not Printing Black Ink
The quality of the printed documents might not satisfy you because of the absence of either color or black ink. The simple solution is you can try cleaning the printhead. Use the ink cartridges that are compatible with the 123.hp.com/ojpro6978 printer.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Ink Cartridge Problem
The ink cartridge problems may occur when you do not install the ink cartridge properly in the ink cartridge chambers. Use the genuine ink cartridges which are compatible with the HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer. Read more to find out the solution for solving the ink cartridge problems occurring on the HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Printer Offline
If you are facing the HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer offline issue, don’t worry! This is the right place to find a solution for the offline printer. The offline problem generally occurs when there is a connectivity glitch between the 123.hp.com/ojpeo6978 printer and your computer.
HP OFFICEJET Pro 6978 SETUP
The drivers may vary for Windows and Mac. The full-feature drivers for Mac and Windows are rendered to you on this site. Click the link driver download, and the 123.hp.com/ojpro6978 printer software will be downloaded on your computer. Proceed to install the drivers for the HP Officejet Pro 6978 setup printer, and you can perform the functions of the printer. The drivers play a vital role in making the printers to perform its functions. The drivers will include the necessary software such as HP Print and Scan Doctor, HP Smart app, and other fringes.
To set up the HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer, place the printer on a flat surface. You will find warranty cards, power cable, installation CD-ROM, and user manual in the printer package. Read the user manual before you begin with the HP Officejet Pro 6978 setup. Connect the printer’s power cord into the power supply and turn on the printer. Load papers into the input tray and install the ink cartridges into the appropriate ink cartridge chambers. Now, install the printer software on your computer. The 123.hp.com/ojpro6978 printer can be set up on both wired or a wireless connection based upon your convenience.
To set up the HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer in a wireless network, you will require an active internet connection. Before you prep the HP Officejet Pro 6978 setup printer for the wireless setup, note down the network name and password. Power on the printer and tap the Wireless icon from the printer’s control panel. When your network name is displayed, choose your Wi-Fi network name and enter the WPS pin. On your computer, set the 123.hp.com/ojpro6978 printer as the default printer and start to perform the HP Officejet Pro 6978 Wireless Setup functions.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Mobile Printing
Mobile printing solutions are the easiest methods to access the 123.hp.com/ojpro6978 printer from any device and from anywhere. Install the mobile printing solutions on your device and you can access the HP printers. Some of the mobile printing solutions supported by the HP Officejet Pro 6978 setup printer are HP ePrint app, Apple AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, and HP Smart app. Functions like ink level estimation, print, scan, and network connectivity can be done using mobile printing solutions.
123.hp.com/ojpro6978 Airprint Setup
- Enable Wi-Fi on your Apple device and join with your Wi-Fi network.
- Tap the Wireless icon to open the Network Settings on the printer’s control panel.
- Select HP Officejet Pro 6978 Wireless Setup Wizard and connect to your Wi-Fi network.
- Open the document or picture that you want to print on your Apple device.
- Press the Share icon and you can make the necessary print settings. Select Print to print the selected documents.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Eprint Setup
- Tap the HP ePrint icon on the printer’s control panel.
- Act in accordance with the on-screen instructions to enable the Web Services.
- Press Print Info and the printer starts to print a page with the printer’s email address.
- Compose a new email from your device and enter the printer’s email address in the To field.
- Attach the photos or documents that you want to print and click Send. The printer will print the emailed documents.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Mopria Print Setup
- Install the Mopria Print Service plugin on your device from the Google Play Store.
- Swipe down the notification tab and click on the Mopria Print Service plugin to enable the setup.
- Open the file that you want to print and click the More options icon, and then select Print.
- Press the Down arrow to select your printer from the list of printers displayed.
- Use the Down arrow to make any print settings, and then press the Print icon to print the selected files.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Google Cloud Print Setup
- Connect the 123.hp.com/ojpro6978 printer and computer to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open the Chrome browser on your computer and log in to your account.
- In the URL bar, enter chrome://devices, and then tap Enter. Your printer will be enlisted under New Devices and select Register.
- Confirm the registration by clicking OK on the printer’s control panel. The printer will print a confirmation page once you press OK.
- Click Cloud Print and navigate to Print Jobs and choose a file to print and click Print.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Scanner Setup
To scan documents using the HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer, place the original document on the scanner flatbed and press the Scan icon on the printer’s control panel.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Scan To Computer
- Download and install the HP Smart app on your computer from the Windows Store.
- Power on the 123.hp.com/ojpro6978 printer and keep the printer in the ready state.
- Position the original document on the scanner flatbed
- Open the HP Smart app and click the plus icon to add your printer.
- Click Set up a new printer and follow the instructions displayed on the screen to add your printer.
- If your printer is not listed, select Printer not listed and follow the on-screen steps to add your HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer.
- Click the Scan tile on the HP Smart app window and the Scan window opens.
- Make the necessary can settings on the preview scan and click Apply. The scanned files and images will be stored on your computer.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Scan To Email
- Turn on the HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer and position the document to be scanned on the scanner flatbed.
- Press the Scan menu on the printer’s control panel and choose your computer name.
- Select Email as PDF. Some web-enabled printers will consist of the Scan to Email app in the Apps menu.
- The Email app will directly email the scanned documents using the ePrint email address.
- Search HP in Windows and select your printer’s name. The HP Printer Assistant will open.
- Select Scan and then click Scan a Document or Photo. Choose Document to Email, and then select Scan.
- The preview scan will open. Make the necessary 123.hp.com/ojpro6978 scan settings in the preview scan.
- A new email will automatically open with the scan attached.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Fax Setup
To transmit and receive fax on HP Officejet Pro 6978 setup printer, you will require a traditional telephone connection. Use a telephone cord that consists of two wire leads.
How To Fax On HP Officejet Pro 6978
- Install the full feature 123.hp.com/ojpro6978 printer software from the link given on this site, or you can use the installation CD-ROM provided with the printer package.
- Load the document to be faxed on the scanner glass.
- Tap the Home button on the printer control panel.
- Press the Fax option and type the recipient’s fax address.
- Select the Start Fax option and choose the color type.
- Customize the Fax resolution and tap Send.
- The printer begins to scan the documents.
- Wait for sometime and the fax will be sent to the recipient fax address.
How To Copy On HP Officejet Pro 6978
- Press the Turn On button present on the HP Officejet Pro 6978 setup printer’s control panel.
- Load paper in the main input tray.
- Lift open the ink cartridge access door.
- Install the ink cartridge in the ink cartridge chamber
- Open the scanner lid and place the original document to be copied facing the scanner glass.
- Press the Copy option present on the printer’s control panel.
- Enter the number of copies required by using the plus and minus icons.
- Make the necessary 123.hp.com/ojpro6978 copy settings and choose Color or Black and white copy and tap OK.