HP OFFICEJET 6962 TROUBLESHOOTING
In HP Officejet printers, the troubleshooting process involves fixing an error occurred on your printer. You can solve the error by using the HP Officejet 6962 troubleshooting tips. The HP Print and Scan Doctor tool is used to solve various errors with the printer. Check if your printer is set as default in the Devices and Printers settings.
HP Officejet 6962 Printing Blank pages
- Check the ink level in the cartridge. If it is low, it won’t print
- You can print in the Backup mode, but the print won’t be dark.
- If the printing has stopped, you should use a new cartridge.
- The other method to solve this issue is to clean the printhead.
- Click the Home screen button on the printer’s control panel, click the right arrow, and press setup.
- Select Tools and choose Clear Printhead. If this issue is not solved, you can perform HP Officejet 6962 troubleshooting.
HP Officejet 6962 Printer offline
- Use HP Print and Scan Doctor to check the connectivity.
- Download HP Print and Scan Doctor on your computer.
- Run HPPSdr.exe from the Downloads folder of your computer.
- After the run process ends, click the HP Print and Scan Doctor and then select your printer.
- Check for your printer in the printer list, if your printer is not displayed, turn it off and back on, and then choose Retry.
- Now follow the instructions that appear on your screen.
- Ensure that you have set your printer as Default.
- Try to test print a page to check the problem is solved.
HP Officejet 6962 not connecting to wifi
- Restart your computer and printer. Now reboot your wireless router.
- You can check whether your printer is connected to your network by using a Wireless Network test report from the printer’s control panel.
- In a few printers, if you press the Wireless button, it will print the wireless report.
- Ensure that your computer is not connected to other networks.
- If your computer is connected to another network, disconnect it and try to reconnect to your network.
- If your network is not displayed, you can type the network name manually.
HP Officejet 6962 not printing
- Check the connectivity between the computer and the printer.
- Turn off and on the printer and computer.
- Check whether the USB cable and other cables are correctly connected.
- Ensure that there is sufficient ink in the cartridge. If the ink level is low, then replace the cartridge with a Fine one.
- Place sufficient paper in the paper tray.
- Paper in the tray must be arranged correctly. Check if there is any paper jam inside the ink cartridge.
- If you find any small paper inside, remove it from the 123.hp.com/oj6962 printer. Cancel all the print jobs from the print queue and try to print a test page.
HP Officejet 6962 won’t scan
- Open the HP Printer software, select Scanner Actions Now select Manage Scan.
- Open the Scan tab. If these steps didn’t solve the problem, restart the devices and check the driver scan settings.
- Run the Print and Scan Doctor on your computer.
- Uninstall and reinstall the printer software. Click the view of local services from the windows.
- You can use the Check Windows Image Acquisition settings to verify the status type values.
- If the status displays as started or running, then the Startup Type is Automatic.
- If the status displays as disabled or no status, click Windows Image Acquisition. Then click properties, Click the general tab.
- Select Automatic from the drop-down menu. If the problem is not solved, HP Officejet 6962 troubleshooting your printer’s connection type.
HP Officejet 6962 Printhead Problem
- Make sure you use a compatible cartridge for your printer.
- HP recommends its customers to use HP ink or toner. If not, it will create problems in the device.
- The printer must be turned on, now wait until it becomes idle.
- Disconnect the power cable from the printer. Wait for a few seconds.
- Plug the power cable again and turn on the printer. It should automatically turn on.
- Remove the ink cartridges and check whether they are inserted properly.
- Ensure that you close the ink cartridge door correctly. Wipe the ink cartridges with a clean cotton cloth and reinsert it.
HP Officejet 6962 paper jam error
- The paper jam is a common problem in the printer. This problem occurs if there is a paper piece of paper stuck in the output tray, or the paper is jammed.
- Ensure there is any paper jam inside the printer. If you find the paper jammed, pull the paper out carefully.
- Also, ensure that there is no small paper inside the cartridge holder. Sometimes, the paper may get jammed automatically.
- Cancel all the print jobs in the queue.
- On the paper tray, the paper should be arranged in order.
- Check if there is sufficient paper placed in the paper tray.
- If this problem is not solved after HP Officejet 6962 troubleshooting, contact the customer team.
How to do a Factory Reset on HP Officejet 6962
Factory reset in the HP Officejet 6962 printer is simple. Once you reset the printer, the previous settings will be restored. The printer will reset to the factory version and the changes made by you will get erased. The network connections will also be disconnected from the printer.
- Turn off the printer and remove the cable connected to the printer.
- Wait for 30 seconds and reconnect the printer.
- Press the power button and hold the Resume button of the printer for 20 seconds. Now, the lights in the printer turn on.
- Release the Resume button in the printer.
- Now, the attention and the ready light will cycle while restoring the product to factory default.
- To know about the factory reset, check the user manual given by the manufacturer.
- You can also view the user guide in the manufacturer’s site.