Simple HP Officejet Pro 8740 Wireless Setup
Nowadays, the HP Officejet Pro 8740 Wireless Setup connection is preferable than the Wired connection. You can easily setup your printer. You can connect multiple devices at the same time. Use the tips which are given below and configure your printer and computer with the wireless network. The instructions are available for both the Windows and Mac user.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 Wireless Setup Windows
- HP Officejet pro 8740 Setup your printer on a wireless network using the wireless network name (Service Set Identifier) and the password (WEP or WPA key).
- Use the computer linked to the wireless network connection and a wireless router with the good internet connection.
- Connect the computer and printer to the same wireless connection and unplug any USB or Ethernet cable which you use to link your printer previously.
- Uninstall the existing printer driver and software. To do this, navigate to the Printer Setup and Software selection menu on your system. Configure as a new printer or convert the connection from the Wired network to the Wireless connection.
- To connect to the wireless network connection, tap on the power button to turn it on and then choose the Wireless icon.
- You can view the Wireless Summary page. In that window tap on the Settings icon to move to the Wireless settings.
- Select the Wireless Setup wizard and use the guides displayed on the screen to finish the process.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 Wireless Setup Mac
- Prior to connecting your printer to the wireless network, you need to collect the required wireless network name and password.
- Ascertain that the printer and the computer are connected to the same wireless connection. Ensure that you unplug any USB or Ethernet cable linked to the printer.
- Check if your 123.hp.com/ojpro8740 printer is powered on to create the network connection on your printer.
- Navigate to the printer’s control panel and select the Wireless icon. The Wireless Summary window gets displayed. Choose the Settings icon and open the Wireless settings.
- Choose the Wireless Setup Wizard option under the Wireless Settings menu. Use the guides on the screen to complete the process. You can only start the printer function by installing the printer driver and software.
- To convert from the Wired connection to the Wireless connection, you need to remove the printer from the list under the Printers and Scanners menu.
- Add the printer as a new printer and start the HP Officejet Pro 8740 Wireless setup process by using the guides displayed on the screen. Your printer gets linked to the wireless network successfully and you must be able to print.