HP Officejet Pro 8740 Troubleshooting
Get prompt instructions for HP Officejet Pro 8740 troubleshooting solutions given below.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 Paper Jam Error
If you receive error message on the printer’s control panel, it can also be a false message. HP officejet pro 8740 Paper jam error affects your printer operation. Without clearing the HP Officejet Pro 8740 Troubleshooting issue, you cannot perform any tasks on your printer.
- Take off all the paper from the paper tray and tap on the printer’s power button to turn it on. Unplug the power cord from the socket.
- Open the access cover on the rear side and clear any jammed paper present inside the roller and remove it to solve HP Officejet pro 8740 paper jam error.
- To remove the stuck paper inside the HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer, switch off the printer and open the automatic document feeder. If you found any torn piece inside the feeder, remove it.
- Take off any jammed paper inside the paper tray, keep the input tray as empty and remove any stuck paper inside the input tray. Ensure that paper does not tear while removing it.
- Once you power up the printer, ensure that the carriage moves freely. Unlock the carriage access door and pause until it becomes noiseless. Unplug the power cord and remove any torn pieces inside the printer to clear HP officejet pro 8740 paper jam error.
- Ratify that the carriage can move freely by pushing it to the left and right position.
- Turn off the 123.hp.com/ojpro8740 printer and elevate the carriage access door and clean the rollers with a wet cloth. Allow the rollers to dry prior to closing the carriage door.
- Wipe the Automatic Document Feeder and the rollers in the rear access area. Once you are done with the steps which are given above, reboot your printer to clear HP officejet pro 8740 paper jam error.
- Unplug the printer from the socket when the printer is in ON state, and pause for atleast 60 seconds. Check if your printer is on and try to print a sample document to check your printer performance for HP Officejet Pro 8740 troubleshooting.
HP OfficeJet Pro 8740 Not Connecting Wireless
You would have successfully connected your printer to the wireless network, but the connection fails. When the printer does not maintain its wireless connection, you cannot print or scan a document
- Booting up your computer, printer and the wireless router might resolve your connectivity issue.
- Switch off the router by tapping the power button or unplug the power cord.
- Ensure that you close all running programs on your system and then shut down your system.
- Re-plug the power cord to the router, and then pause for the Internet activity light to display a normal connection status.
- strong>Switch on your printer and the computer. If you find that the wireless connection drops, go to the next step to fix HP Officejet pro 8740 not connecting wireless.
- Employ the HP Print and Scan software to fix and HP Officejet Pro 8740 Troubleshooting your connectivity issue easily.
- After printing a Wireless Network Test Results page, evaluate it to fix any wireless network issues.
- Sometimes, changing the wireless network name might rectify your issue. Several wireless routers with the same network name might cause the printer to link to the wrong wireless network or it fails to connect the printer to the wireless connection while fixing HP Officejet pro 8740 not connecting wireless.
- During the HP Officejet Pro 8740 setup procedure, it is advisable to place your printer and the wireless router at a closer distance.
- Go through the Network Configuration page and find your printer IP address and the router IP address. If the IP address differs, then the printer is not connected to the wireless network properly.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 Scanner Not Working
- Power off your HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer. Affirm that your printer power cord links directly to an electrical outlet and via a surge protector.
- Ensure that you close all currently running programs on your computer and then shut down the PC for HP officejet pro 8740 troubleshooting.
- Power up the printer and computer. Look for your printer model name under Windows and then select the printer name in the list of results.
- Attempt to scan your document. In case the issue still exists, move to the next step.
- Ensure that your network is working properly and your printer is ready for scanning.
- For the Wireless network user: On your HP printer, access the Wireless network or the Settings option to ensure that the wireless signal is powered on. Affirm that the Wireless light is on and stable.
- In some cases, you might rectify your scan issue by uninstalling the existing printer driver and software, prior to re-installing the updated driver.
- Download the recent version of your HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer software and install it based on the prompts.
- For the Wired network user: Check whether that you have connected your printer and the computer via an Ethernet cable properly.
- Most of the routers can operate in both 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz frequency bands. Ensure that the 2.4 GHz band is activated and broadcasting to fix HP Officejet pro 8740 troubleshooting.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 Troubleshooting – Offline Error
- Make use of the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool to resolve the connectivity issue of your printer.
- Modify your default printer driver to your originally installed printer driver and ensure that the printer is not set for offline purpose.
- Reboot the printer and verify the connection status. In some cases, rebooting the printer might help you to rectify a connection HP Officejet Pro 8740 Printer issue.
- If you’re a Wireless network user, access the Wireless network or Settings menu to ensure that the wireless signal is powered on.
- Make certain that the light next to the wireless icon is in ON state and stable.
- If you use a Wired network connection, ensure that the Ethernet cable is linked to the printer’s Ethernet port and to a port on the router.
- If you use a USB cable, ratify that the cable is connected to the printer and to a computer correctly.
- Ensure that the correct port is chosen, if the driver is using the wrong communication port, the printer remains offline because the connection cannot be established.
- It is suggested to upgrade the printer firmware regularly to rectify the connection issue.
- Try to print a Network Configuration Report or Wireless Test Report from the printer.
- Attempt to print a sample document after fixing HP officejet pro 8740 troubleshooting, if the document prints successfully, you are done.