HP Officejet Pro 8740 Ink Cartridge Replacement
After estimating the HP Officejet Pro 8740 ink cartridge, if you find that the cartridge level is low or empty, you need HP Officejet pro 8740 ink cartridge replacement or else your printer stops printing your document. It is suggested to use a genuine ink cartridge sold by the manufacturer. You can ensure that the toner is genuine by scanning the QR code present in it. A message displays whether the toner is authentic or unauthentic. If it is unauthentic, use the guides which are given below to replace the ink cartridge easily.
How to Change Ink Cartridge on HP Officejet Pro 8740
- Turn on your printer. If not, tap on the power button to turn it on. Ensure that the printer driver software is installed successfully.
- Open the ink cartridge access door and pause until the printer becomes noiseless before you go to the next step to know how to change ink cartridge on HP officejet pro 8740.
- Release the ink cartridge from its slot and remove it from the 123.hp.com/ojpro8740 printer.
- Remove the HP Officejet Pro 8740 ink cartridge from its package, press the pink tab and remove the protective film covering it.
- Hold it on the sides in such a way that the copper strips of the cartridge face towards the printer.
- Be cautious that you are not allowed to touch the ink part of the HP Officejet Pro 8740 cartridge.
- Insert the cartridge into the printer. Place the black ink cartridge into the right slot and color ink cartridge into the left slot for HP officejet pro 8740 ink cartridge replacement.
- Ascertain that the letter on the ink cartridge matches the letter and colored dot on the HP Ojpro 8740 printer.
- Once you are done, close the ink cartridge access door and now you can use your printer’s ink cartridge.
- Insert an A4 sheet into the printer and use the guides displayed on the screen to align the cartridge by following how to change ink cartridge on HP Officejet pro 8740.
- If you use a Windows OS, choose Start and then find HP Solution Center.
- Tap on the Settings option and then choose the Printer Toolbox option.
- A window gets displayed on the screen, Choose the Align the Printer Cartridge option. Trail the guides displayed on the screen to complete the process.
- After HP Officejet Pro 8740 ink cartridge replacement, Once the alignment page gets displayed, you can print a test page to check your printer performance.
- If the printer does not work, reboot the printer, it restores the printer function.
- Power on your 123.hp.com/ojpro8740 printer and remove the power cord from the socket, after some few minutes, connect the cable to the socket. Switch on your printer and verify it.
- Use the instructions given below, if the existing HP 8740 ink cartridge is found to be faulty.
- Once you power on the printer, open the cartridge door and the cartridge gets aligned to the center to fix HP Officejet pro 8740 ink cartridge problem.
- Remove the cartridge from its slot and ensure that its contact points are clean and replace it.
- If you still find an issue, elevate the cartridge access door to remove the cartridge out by following how to change ink cartridge on HP Officejet pro 8740. Press the cartridge and release it.
- If you found any dust or debris on the cartridge, clean it up. Once you are done with cleaning, allow the cartridge to dry for at least a few minutes.
- Check if any dust is present on the copper contacts of the ink cartridge. Clean it carefully using a cloth.
- Ensure that you do not touch the copper contacts because it leads to the system failure.
- Re-insert the cartridge into its slot and then close the HP Officejet pro 8740 ink cartridge access door to fix HP officejet pro 8740 ink cartridge problems.
- Print a test page and verify whether the issue has been rectified and proceed with hp officejet pro 8740 ink cartridge replacement.