QUICK SOLUTIONS TO FIX HP OFFICEJET PRO 8720 TROUBLESHOOTING
To solve the HP Officejet Pro 8720 Troubleshooting issues, you can follow the standard troubleshooting methods given below. Handy solutions are available to resolve the problems occurring on the HP Officejet Pro 8720 printer. HP also provides automated tools such as HP Print and Scan Doctor to solve the problems regarding print or scan jobs.
HP OFFICEJET PRO 8720 BLACK INK NOT PRINTING
- Pull open the ink cartridge access door and remove the ink cartridges from the ink cartridge slots.
- Use a lint-free and clean cloth to wipe the ink cartridge contacts and ink nozzle.
- Clean the ink nozzles and the copper-colored parts using the cloth.
- Press the Power button to power on the HP Officejet Pro 8720 printer.
- Reinstall the ink cartridge into the appropriate ink cartridge slots.
- Pull and Close the ink cartridge access cover after installing the ink cartridges.
- If the error is not fixed, replace the ink cartridge.
HP OFFICEJET PRO 8720 PRINTER OFFLINE
- Power On the HP Officejet Pro 8720 printer and load sufficient papers into the input tray.
- Print a Network Configuration page to understand the exact cause of the error message.
- Right-click on your printer model and choose Set as default printer to assign your printer as the default printer.
- Click the Start menu on your Windows computer, and select Devices and Printers.
- Make sure that the Pause Printing or Use Printer Offline is not enabled.
- Double-click on your printer name and select See what’s printing to view the print queue.
- Cancel the print jobs present in the print queue to fix HP Officejet Pro 8720 Troubleshooting.
HP OFFICEJET PRO 8720 NOT CONNECTING TO WIFI
- Tap the Wireless icon on your HP Officejet Pro 8720 printer’s control panel and select the Setup option.
- Choose to print the network test report by selecting the Print Configuration page to fix HP Officejet Pro 8720 not connecting to wifi.
- Examine the Print Configuration page to identify the origination of the error to fix HP Officejet Pro 8720 Troubleshooting.
- Disconnect the Ethernet cable from the printer’s port and uninstall the printer software.
- To fix HP Officejet Pro 8720 not connecting to wifi, Install the current version of printer software from the link given on this site and re-establish the wireless connection between the printer and computer.
- Position the HP Officejet Pro 8720 printer closer the router connection.
- Disable the other devices using the same router channel to solve HP Officejet Pro 8720 not connecting to wifi.
HP OFFICEJET PRO 8720 TROUBLESHOOTING – WON’T SCAN
- Run the HP Print and Scan Doctor.
- Click the Start menu on the HP Print and Scan window select your printer’s name.
- Click Fix Scanning and follow the methods suggested by HP Print and Scan Doctor.
- Try to Scan. If the error persists, inspect the scanner bar functionality.
- Remove any original papers from the scanner flat-bed.
- With the scanner lid open, press the Copy icon on the printer’s control panel.
- If the scanner light is not moving, service the printer. If the scanner light is moving, examine the network connectivity.
HP OFFICEJET PRO 8720 PAPER JAM ERROR
- Slide open the paper tray and remove the jammed papers.
- Turn the printer and examine if there are any jammed papers in the input tray slot.
- Use a flashlight to inspect if there are bits of paper in the paper pick rollers.
- Power off the HP Officejet Pro 8720 printer.
- Dampen a lint-free cloth and gently press the cloth against the duplexing roller and rotate them with your fingers.
- Check if the carriage is moving freely. Remove the jammed papers and try printing.
- If the error prevails, proceed to reset the HP Officejet Pro 8720 troubleshooting printer.
HP OFFICEJET PRO 8720 PRINT JOB STUCK IN QUEUE
- Download the HP Print and Scan Doctor.
- Choose your printer name and perform the methods suggested by HP Print and Scan Doctor.
- Switch off the HP Officejet Pro 8720 printer and open Services on your computer.
- Right-click Print Spooler on the Services window and click Stop.
- Close the Services tab and open C: Windows\System32\Spool\Printers.
- Discard all the files in the printers folder and reinstall the current version of the printer software. Re-establish the link between the printer and the computer to fix HP Officejet Pro 8720 Print job stuck in queue.
- Restart the computer and the HP Officejet Pro 8720 printer. Try printing a sample page.
HP OFFICEJET PRO 8720 WILL NOT PRINT IN COLOR
- Use the ink cartridges that are prescribed by HP in the HP Officejet Pro 8720 printer.
- Press the arrow button on the printer’s control panel and tap Cartridge Information.
- Tap Estimated Levels option and press OK.
- You will notice the ink levels displayed on the 123.hp.com/ojpro8720 printer’s control panel.
- Replace any empty or low ink cartridges.
- Use the Arrow buttons to locate Tools. Select Clean Printhead, and tap OK.
- The message Cleaning… will display on the printer’s control panel. After HP Officejet Pro 8720 Troubleshooting, try printing a sample page.