HP Officejet Pro 6978 Troubleshooting
Your HP Officejet pro 6978 printer is prone to face issues as it is an electronic device. Most issues can be solved by resetting the printer. However, some issues need to be resolved with utmost attention. The solutions to the issues can be resolved by just referring to the user manual for HP Officejet pro 6978 troubleshooting.
- Ensure that your printer is associated with the wall outlet directly and not via a surge protector.
- Remove all the ink cartridges and perform a hard reset to clear HP officejet pro 6978 black ink not printing.
- Detach the USB cable if present on 123.hp.com/ojpro6978 Printer.
- Gently hold the power button of your printer for about 30 seconds to get rid of additional charge.
- Plug the power cable straight to a wall outlet without using any extensions.
- Turn off the printer and wait for the warm-up period to solve HP Officejet Pro 6978 black ink not printing.
- Now insert the cartridges and print a test page after HP officejet pro 6978 troubleshooting.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 black ink not printing
The HP Officejet Pro 6978 black ink not printing error in the printer can be resolved using the steps given below.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Printer offline
The HP officejet pro 6978 printer offline error can be overcome easily by using the HP print and Scan doctor tool for HP officejet pro 6978 troubleshooting.
- Download the HP print and Scan doctor and run the HPPSdr.exe file from the downloads location of your computer.
- Open the tool, select Start and then choose your printer.
- Troubleshoot the printer connection using a related option in the tool.
- Choose either Wired or wireless troubleshooting.
- HP Print and Scan doctor will run the diagnostics to check for any internal error to solve HP officejet pro printer offline.
- Once the process is over, print a Network configuration page to check if the issue is resolved.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 not connecting to wifi
To overcome the HP Officejet pro 6978 printer is not connecting to Wi-Fi network error, just perform the steps given below.
- Ascertain that the printer is not linked to the network via an Ethernet cable.
- Check if the wireless light is turned on.
- If a blue light on the printer’s control panel does not burn, it means that the wireless feature is turned off. Ascertain that the Wireless feature is not turned off.
- Your computer or mobile needs to be connected to the wireless network that the printer is connected to. Power cycle the router and printer.
- If the issue persists, reset the router or contact your internet service provider.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 will not print in color
You can overcome this error by just going with the steps given below.
- Find the power button on your printer and press it.
- Access the ink cartridge carriage by opening the access door.
- Wait for the carriage to remain idle before you continue.
- Push the tab on the front of the ink cartridge inward and pull the ink cartridge to remove it from the slot for HP Officejet pro 6978 troubleshooting.
- Check the vent area above the printer logo which is on top of the ink cartridge.
- Clogged vents can be easily cleaned with the help of a straight pin.
- Close the access door, perform a reset and the problem will resolve.
HP officejet Pro 6978 Troubleshooting – Scanner Not Working
The HP officejet pro 6978 scanner not working error can occur due to not communicating with the scanner, computer not found and scan to computer not available. Just go with the steps given below to resolve this error.
- Download and install the HP Print and Scan doctor tool.
- Run the Printer hardware and connection issue troubleshooter.
- Uninstall & reinstall the printer software from the Programs and Features tab.
- If you are working on a Windows operating system, open Windows Image Acquisition and use a suitable option to complete the troubleshooting process.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 paper jam error
- If a paper jam error displays on its control panel, fix the jam and clear the error message on the panel.
- Open the input tray and remove any loose paper in the tray to take it out.
- The ink cartridge access door needs to be opened followed by the paper path cover.
- Use a flashlight to check for bits of paper stuck on the rollers.
- Inspect the carriage for jams.
- Lift the automatic document feeder and check for jammed paper.
- Now turn on the printer and check the display for the error. If the error persists, clean the paper feed rollers using a lint free cloth soaked in distilled water. A test page will automatically print after this for HP officejet pro 6978 troubleshooting.