How to replace ink cartridge on HP Officejet Pro 6978
It is recommended how to to replace the ink cartridges on the HP Officejet pro 6978 printer instead of refilling them. Refilled ink cartridges are prone to ink leaks. To make ink cartridge refilling easier, you can subscribe to HP’s instant ink service and get cartridges delivered to your doorstep easily.
- Access the ink cartridge slots after opening the ink cartridge access door. Wait until the carriage stops moving.
- Push the tab which is in the front of the old ink cartridge to release it and pull the ink cartridge upward to remove it.
- Take the new ink cartridge from its packing and pull the orange tab backward.
- Hold the sides of the ink cartridge and then twist the orange cap counter-clockwise to remove it.
- Make sure not to touch the copper-colored contacts or ink nozzles as this can lead to cartridge malfunction.
- Now gently bed the tab away from the cartridge and make sure not to move it excessively.
- Turn ON the ink cartridge such that its face downward and matches the label of the slot.
- Now slide the ink cartridge into its slot and push it until it snaps into place and close the cartridge access door after following how to replace ink cartridge on HP officejet pro 6978.
How to Replace HP Officejet Pro 6978 ink cartridge
How to check ink level on HP Officejet Pro 6978
- Checking the ink level of the 123.hp.com/ojpro6978 printer is essential.On the printer’s control panel, tap the ink drop icon or Ink levels menu to view the estimated level of ink.
- For Windows computers, you can download the HP Smart App or the HP Print and Scan Doctor.
- Open HP Print and Scan doctor, choose your printer, click Printer in the top menu bar, and select Supply Levels and follow how to replace ink cartridge on HP Officejet pro 6978 ink cartridges.
- On Mac computers, click the Apple icon and go to System Preferences -> Print & Fax or Print & Scan.
- Select your printer from the list.
- Now choose Options & Supplies, and select the Supplies tab to view the ink levels.
- You can check the level of ink using an Android smartphone using the HP Smart App.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 ink cartridge problems
Ink cartridge problems can lead to various printing issues in the HP officejet pro 6978 printer. Here are some solutions to aid you in resolving the error.
- Ascertain that the ink cartridge inserted into your printer are compatible with your printer to avoid hp officejet pro 6978 ink cartridge problems.
- Use genuine HP cartridges as using duplicate cartridges does not only lead to print quality issues but also reduces the shelf life of your printer.
- Make sure the ink cartridges are inserted properly by opening the cartridge access door after turning on the printer.
- The color-coded icon on each ink cartridge label should match the color coded icon on the carriage slot. If they do not match, insert the cartridge into the correct slot.
- Place your fingers on the ink cartridges and move it gently to check for any unseated ink cartridges to solve hp officejet pro 6978 ink cartridge problems.
- If you detect an uneven ink cartridge, you need to remove it and reinsert it into the slot. Push the cartridge into the slot gently and follow how to replace ink cartridge on HP officejet pro 6978.