Skip to content
HP Officejet Pro 6960 Troubleshooting
Call Us : 1 866 309 6188
Black HP Officejet Pro 6960 Ink Not Printing
- Make use of an authenticated ink cartridge, to avoid certain ink cartridge HP Officejet Pro 6960 troubleshooting issues.
- Most of the issue occurs with the newly installed black ink cartridge, clear up with the printer’s automatic servicing routine.
- The print quality starts to improve in a few hours. If the issue still exists, continue to the next step.
- In some cases, the paper quality and type can affect the print job. Make sure that you place an appropriate paper.
- Ascertain that you position only clean, bent and curl free paper into the printer’s input tray.
- Verify the print settings to ensure that they are suitable for your print job.
- Sometimes, low HP 6960 ink will lead to poor print quality. Estimate the ink levels and then replace low or empty cartridge based on the results.
- Use the steps which are given below to print a test page, and to evaluate the results.
- From your printer’s control panel, click the right arrow and then choose the Setup icon.
- Select Tools, and then click Print Quality Report. A Print Quality Report prints.
- Verify the test page for defects. If you any defects on the report, it helps you to find the print quality issue and then rectify it by HP Officejet Pro 6960 troubleshooting.
- Check whether that you have positioned the cartridges into the correct slot.
- Replace the defective ink cartridges with the new ink cartridges.
Fixing HP Officejet Pro 6960 Scan Quality Issue
- in the scanner lid can cause the color bands and lines.
- Clean these parts with the soft wet cloth. You may come across scan quality issue if your printer’s automatic document feeder has a dust or papers on the rollers or separator inside the ADF.
- Modify the scan settings to improve resolution, alter the color palette or improve the contrast.
- In some cases, rebooting your printer might force some types of the scanner to calibrate, which might clear the scan issue.
- Take off the files from the scanner glass and automatic document feeder and then shut the scanner lid.
- With your 123.hp.com/ojpro6960 printer powered on, unplug the power cord from your printer and from the wall outlet or power strip.
- Pause for at least 60 seconds. Connect the power cord into the wall outlet.
- Re-link the power cord to your printer. Position the original document or images.
- Attempt to scan your document or photo, If the printer functions good, you are done.
- If you still find an issue, consult our technical experts on our toll-free 1-866-309-6188.
HP Ojpro6960 Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection
- You can resolve the wireless connection issue by rebooting your printer, computer, and wireless router. Use the HP Print and Scan Doctor software to fix and resolve the issues easily.
- Open the tool, use the guides displayed on the screen and troubleshoot the issue.
- Ratify your HP Officejet Pro 6960 wireless network connection status. Verify the status of the light next to the wireless icon on your printer’s control panel.
- Print a test page, go through and evaluate the Wireless Network Test Results page to find the wireless network issue.
- Always use the minimum network connection for the same channel to avoid the interference between the networks.
- In some situation, changing your wireless network name might rectify the issue.
- Different routers with the same name might cause your printer to link to the wrong wireless network connection.
- Once you are done with changing the network name, you need to reconnect all wireless devices that were linked to the network previously.Use the same wireless network to connect your printer and the computer. Position the router and printer at a closer distance during the 123 hp setup process.
123 HP Officejet Pro 6960 Printer Offline
- Make use of the HP Print and Scan Doctor software to check the connection status.
- The software fixes and HP Officejet Pro 6960 Troubleshooting the issue easily, use the steps displayed on the screen and use the software.
- You need to change the default printer driver to your originally installed driver and ensure that the printer is not set for offline use.
- You can restore a connection to the system by rebooting your printer.
- For the wireless user : Access the Wireless network or the Settings menu on the control panel of your printer and ensure that the wireless signal is powered on.
- Ascertain that the light next to the wireless icon is on and it is in a steady state.
- For the wired user : Ensure that the cable is linked to the printer’s Ethernet port. The green light (link light) must be steady and the orange light (activity light) must blink.
- For USB connection : Ratify that the cable is connected to your printer and to a USB port on your system.
- The printer remains in the offline state, in case the driver is using the wrong communication port.
- It is advisable to update the printer firmware regularly to avoid the printer offline issue.
- If you still find that the HP Officejet pro 6960 printer issue does not resolved, call our technical team on our toll-free 1-866-309-6188.