HP Officejet Pro 6230 Troubleshooting
123 HP Officejet Pro 6230 Printhead Problem
- One of the reasons for this HP Officejet Pro 6230 troubleshooting problem is if you are using a third party ink cartridge and not the authentic ones manufactured by HP.
- If the cartridge you are using is authentic, try resetting the printer by unplugging the power cord while the printer is turned on and reconnecting it after a minute.
- Remove the HP 6230 ink cartridge by opening the cartridge access door and after the printer becomes idle push on the tab in front of the cartridge and pull it out. Remove if any orange tab is present in the cartridge.
- Check for any leaks or clogs and clean it up with a soft cloth dipped in water and drained and wipe the cartridge. Make use of a pin and carefully clear the clogs on the cartridge. Also, do not touch the copper contacts on them because it can cause the system to fail.
- Now re-insert the cartridge into its slot and close the cartridge access door. Update the printer firmware by using the HP Download and Install Assistant after downloading it.
- If the serial number displays, click the check box next to it and update. If there is no serial number displayed and your printer is connected to the computer over a network, connect it via USB and try again.
- If you updated the firmware by changing the network connection to USB, you need to remove it from Windows. Go to Devices and Printers and right click on your printer name and select remove device and restart the computer.
HP Officejet Pro 6230 Printer Offline
- When the printer goes offline, it is because the connection between the printer and the computer is lost. Run the HP Print and Scan Doctor to check the printer’s connectivity.
- In the Devices and Printer menu, right click on the printer icon and set it as the default printer. If a green tick appears next to your printer icon proceed to the next step
- Right click on the printer icon and choose Whats Printing, if there is anything in the queue that has been suspended, resume printing and see if the printer prints.
- If it does not print, reset the printer by unplugging it while it is still on for 60 seconds and reconnecting it back. If the status is still offline, make sure the right port is selected for both wired and wireless connections. Update the printer firmware and try setting up the printer manually over the network if updating the firmware did not solve the HP Officejet Pro 6230 Troubleshooting issue.
- If you are using a wired connection, check if the cables are connected properly to the devices. And on a wireless connection, restart the router and place the devices close to each other.
- Reset the 123.hp.com/ojpro6230 printer and remove all the other printers from the list in the Printers and Scanners menu so this becomes the default printer.
- Delete the print jobs that were suspended and remove the printer from the list by using the – sign at the bottom of the menu. Add the printer back by using the + sign and select Add and choose the printer to add it to the list. Make sure the computer was connected to the internet during the whole process.
- In case of a failed attempt, Reset the printing system by right clicking on the empty space in the list.
123 HP OJPro 6230 Paper Jam
- Try turning off the HP Officejet Pro 6230 printer and if it does not turn off, disconnect the power cord and wait for a minute and reconnect the power cord and turn it on.
- To confirm that the printer works properly, load white paper into the input tray and pull out the output tray extender and press on the cancel button and hold it for five seconds before you release your finger. A test page should now print.
- Now it is time to check for any jammed paper and clear it. Check in the both input and output tray for any jammed paper and gently pull it out. Be careful and try not to tear the jammed paper when you’re taking it out.
- Once the paper from both the input and output trays have been cleared, clean out the paper jammed inside the cartridge access door in the cartridge access area.
- After clearing out the insides, you need to check for the papers stuck in the rollers, remove the paper path cover inside the cartridge access door and remove any dust or paper inside with the help of a damp cloth.
- Try resetting the printer by removing the power cord leaving the printer turned on and connecting it back to the HP Officejet Pro 6230 Troubleshooting printer after a minute. Now try printing a Printer status report to make sure the printer works fine.
HP OJP6230 – Find your WEP, WPA password
HP Setup 6230 – Windows
- Open the View Network Connections menu on your computer and right click on the network name and select Status.
- Go to the Wireless Property, in the Security tab, below the network security key click on the show characters text box to see the network password.
HP Setup 6230 – Mac
- Open the Utilities menu and then the Keychain Access application. Select the Local items option in the keychains list.
- Go to the category menu and select passwords and double click on the network name and click on the show password option.
- If needed, type the administrator password and then click OK.
- If the above-mentioned method does not work follow the steps mentioned below to gather it. The following steps are common for both Windows and Mac users.
- Most routers provided by the 123 HP Officejet Pro 6230 Internet Service Providers will have a label at the bottom of the router that contains the network password. It can be in the name wireless key, WPA key, security password, wireless password, WPA password etc.
- You can also find the network password on the documentation that your internet service provider sent you. You can also call your Internet Service provider to find the password.