HP Officejet 6962 Ink Cartridge Issues
If there is a problem with the HP Officejet 6962 Ink cartridge on your printer, your printer will stop accepting print jobs and an error message will be displayed on the control panel of the printer. Try the troubleshooting solutions listed to resolve your HP Officejet 6962 ink cartridges replacement error.
Troubleshooting – 123 HP Officejet 6962 Ink
The most basic thing to do is to check if the cartridges you are using are compatible with the printer. If you do not use an authentic HP Officejet 6962 cartridge, chances are that the printer will fail to accept this new cartridge.
- Check if the cartridges have been seated and vented properly.
- Make sure that each of the cartridges has been placed into their appropriate slots. Check if the colored label on each cartridge matches the colored label on the slot.
- Run your fingers on top of the cartridges to see if they have been properly seated. If you notice them jutting out slightly, gently push them in with your fingers.
- Use a clean and lint free cloth, moisten it with some water and clean the electrical contacts on the cartridge.
- Use the automated tool provided with the 123.hp.com/oj6962 printer in order to clean the printhead. Dirty or clogged printheads and cartridges can cause errors while printing.
- Release the dirty cartridge by pressing on top of it and take it out. Wipe the contacts and place the cartridge back in. Make sure to not leave the cartridge outside for more than 30 minutes.
- Try printing and see if the print job is successful. If it is not, multiple cleaning may be required for your cartridges. Clean the cartridges again after 30 minutes of time.
- Try resetting the printer to see if the error state gets resolved. Unplug the power cord of the printer from the wall socket and the rear port when the printer is turned on.
- Reconnect the power cord after a while and see if you are able to print.
- Print a quality diagnostic report on your 123 HP Officejet 6962 printer to see which of the cartridges is causing an issue.
- Examine the report and see if there is a problem in the black ink output or the color ink output.
- After identifying which cartridge has the issue, you can replace the faulty ink cartridge.
- If the black ink cartridge has an issue, you can try printing in single cartridge mode with the tri-color cartridge.
- This cartridge prints using a combination of colors to produce black HP 6962 ink. You can also opt for printing in black ink only in the single cartridge mode.
- Take the old cartridge out of its slot by pressing on top of it.
- Unwrap the new cartridge and make sure to hold only the black plastic region without touching the electrical contacts.
- Pull the orange tab and snap it out of the cartridge in order to vent it.
- With the HP Officejet 6962 Ink cartridge contacts facing the printer, slide the new ink cartridge into place.
- Replace the ink cartridge access door and try to print.
- If the print job remains unsuccessful, you may have to replace the printer.