Quick Solutions to Fix HP Officejet 5746 Troubleshooting
HP Officejet 5746 Troubleshooting is understanding the reason behind printer issues and solving them by carrying out a set of instructions. The common issues which occur on the printer are Paper Jam, Offline issue, black or color ink not printing, scanner error, printhead problem, cartridge issue, etc. Several reasons cause issues or problems on the printer.
Why is my HP OfficeJet 5746 printer not printing black ink
- Collect some dry foam rubber swabs, a lint-free cloth, and distilled water. Press down on the Power button on the printer to switch it on.
- Open the cartridge access door. Wait until the cartridge is silent before you proceed.
- Hold down on the cartridge to release it lightly and pull the cartridge towards you to take it out of the slot.
- Hold the cartridge by the sides. Inspect the cartridge contacts for debris and ink buildup.
- Moisten a lint-free cloth or foam-rubber swab in distilled water and squeeze excess water from it.
- Clean the edges and face around the nozzles with the swab. Use a new swab to dry it.
- Reinsert the cartridge at an upward angle in the empty slot, and push up on the ink cartridge until it firmly clicks in place.
Why is my HP OfficeJet 5746 printer offline
- Download HP Print and Scan Doctor. Run HPPSdr.exe from the download location of the application.
- Once it is open, select Start and choose the printer.
- If the printer is not included the list, switch it off and on and select Retry.
- If you see a prompt to turn on printer updates, choose Yes to solve HP Officejet 5746 Troubleshooting.
- If you view a window asking you to make your printer as the default printer, select Yes.
- Search for Devices in the search bar of your Windows device and choose Devices and Printers from the list of results.
- Right-click the printer’s name that is not grayed out (i.e., active). Choose Set as Default Printer.
HP Officejet 5746 Troubleshooting – paper jam error
- Switch on the printer if it is not turned on already.
- Wait until the printer is idle before you continue.
- Disconnect the electrical cord from the back of your printer with the printer switched on.
- Take out the electrical plug from the wall outlet. Wait for at least 60 sec.
- Insert the power plug in the wall outlet.
- Connect the power cord back to the rear of the printer.
- Switch on the printer if it does not automatically turn on.
HP OfficeJet 5746 Scanner Problem
- Uninstall and reinstall the printer software by opening the Control Panel Settings in Windows.
- Select Uninstall a Program to open the list of installed programs under Programs and Features.
- Choose the HP printer name to open the uninstall confirmation window and select Yes to finish the software removal to fix HP OfficeJet 5746 Scanner Problem.
- Ensure that the printer is switched on to fix HP Officejet 5746 troubleshooting.
- Make sure that the cartridges are installed to check HP OfficeJet 5746 Scanner Problem is fixed.
- Check if the paper is placed in the main tray.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to download and install the driver.
HP OfficeJet 5746 Printhead problem
- Clean the printhead from the control panel by placing some paper in the input tray. Push down and hold the Power button.
- Press the Cancel button two times and the Resume button one time. Release the Power button to fix HP OfficeJet 5746 Printhead problem.
- Clean the printhead using the HP Solution Center software by opening it.
- Select Settings and then choose 123.hp.com/oj5746 Printer Toolbox which opens the printer Toolbox to solve HP OfficeJet 5746 Printhead problem.
- Choose the Device Services tab and select Clean Printheads.
- Choose Clean to start the cleaning process and complete the procedure by following the on-screen instructions.
- A test page prints after the cleaning process gets completed to avoid HP OfficeJet 5746 Printhead problem.
why won’t my HP OfficeJet 5746 printer print
- Replace any low or empty ink cartridges by gently pressing the Power button on the printer to switch it on.
- Open the cartridge access door.
- Lighly press the old cartridge to release it. Take out the new cartridge of the package.
- Clear the orange tab to remove the protective tape from the cartridge.
- Slide the cartridge at an upward angle.
- Gently push upwards on the cartridge until it holds into place.
- Now, close the ink cartridge access door and press OK to align the ink cartridges after fixing HP Officejet 5746 Troubleshooting.