Skip to content
HP Officejet 5740 Setup
HP Officejet 5740 Setup in Windows
- Link the printer and system using USB cable for HP Officejet 5740 setup. Make sure that you plug in the cable into the USB port straight to the system.
- After powering up the Officejet 5740 printer and then the system will detect the printer driver and then it installs.
- To download the driver from our website for wired or wireless connection ,trail the steps below:
- For Wired Connection: With the help of Ethernet cable,connect the printer to the network cable.
- For Wireless Connection: Key in the name of the network and password and then connect the printer and system wirelessly for HP Officejet 5740 setup in windows.
- Keep the printer and system within the router’s range to attain the maximum signal strength.
- Ascertain that the printer and system are connected to the single wireless network.
- After the 123.hp.com/oj5740 printer is connected to the network,install the driver and then look Windows from the control panel.
- Select the Devices and Printers option,select Add a Printer. Select the Add a network or wireless.
- Once the add a network is selected, the Windows detects the printer on the list of available networks.When the Windows detect by itself for both local and network printers.
- Choose the printer’s name from the available list. Ensure that the printer works on a network with internet when installing the driver. Now,select the Next option.Once the Windows OS urges you to HP Officejet 5740 install the printer driver to complete HP Officejet 5740 setup in windows.
HP Officejet 5740 Setup in Mac
- You will be able to link the network with different methods
- For Wired Connection:You will be able print to the network using an Ethernet cable.
- For Wireless Connection: Utilize the network name and password and then link the printer and system to the single wireless network.
- Position all the devices within the router’s range to attain maximum signal strength during the installation procedure.
- Turn ON the 123.hp.com/oj5740 setup printer,system and the router.Choose the Apple menu and then select the System Preferences option.
- Select the Fax and Print option. Select the plus sign to include new printers to the list of available printers.
- Select the network name from the default tab and then select Add.Your printer’s name will be enlisted and select it for printing after completion on HP Officejet 5740 setup in Mac.