LET’S DO HP OFFICEJET 5255 WIRELESS SETUP SIMPLE WAY
To set up the HP Officejet 5255 printer in a Wi-Fi network, you will require an active internet connection. Before you equip the printer for the wireless set up, note down the network name and password. Power on the printer and press the Wireless icon from the printer’s control panel. When your network name is on display, choose your Wi-Fi network name and type the WPS pin for HP Officejet 5255 Wireless Setup.
- During the wireless setup, place the printer nearby to the Wi-Fi router so that the printer lies within the network range.
- Power On the 123.hp.com/oj5255 printer by pressing the Power button.
- Detach the USB and Ethernet cables connected to the printer.
- Restore the default settings on your HP Officejet 5255 printer.
- Tap the Wireless icon and choose Restore Network Settings.
- Download the recent version of printer software and enable the Auto Wireless Connect to complete the HP Officejet 5255 wireless setup.
- If the Auto Wireless Connect is not available, open the driver file with HP Easy Start.
- Follow the guidelines appearing on the screen to complete the installation.
- After the drivers are installed, press the Wireless icon on the printer’s control panel.
- Choose Wireless Setup Wizard and select your Wi-Fi network name. Enter the WEP/WPS pin and connect to your Wi-Fi network.
HP Officejet 5255 Wireless Setup Windows
HP Officejet 5255 Wireless Setup Mac
- Gather the Wi-Fi router name and password.
- Power On the HP Officejet 5255 printer by tapping the Power button.
- Switch on the printer and router. Unplug the USB cable, if you have already connected it.
- Place the printer closer to the router connection to get strong network signals.
- Drag down the screen on the printer’s control panel to open the Dashboard.
- Tap the Wireless menu on the Dashboard and press Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Select on your network name from the list of available networks and touch OK.
- If your network name is not present on the list, press Enter New Network Name.
- Follow the on-screen tips and type the WPS password, if prompted to complete HP Officejet 5255 Wireless Setup.
- Tap OK and revert to the home screen. Proceed to install the full feature printer software.
How To Find HP Officejet 5255 Wps Pin
- So how to find HP Officejet 5255 WPS PIN. The WPS pin or passkey may be pointed out as WPA or WEP key.
- You can locate the WPS pin on the wireless router.
- If you are unable to find the pin on the router, search for the WPS pin in the original paperwork that was provided to you during the initial Wi-Fi installation.
- Click on the Wireless icon on your computer’s taskbar, and then click Open Network and Sharing Center.
- Select Change Adapter Settings and right-click on your wireless network name.
- Select Status and then click Wireless Properties for HP Officejet 5255 wireless setup.
- View the Security tab, and then click Show Characters by following How to find HP Officejet 5255 WPS Pin.
- If you were unable to find the WPS pin from the above methods, contact the Wi-Fi service provider to know the pin.
How To Connect HP Officejet 5255 To Wi-Fi
- You will require an active Wi-Fi connection to connect the printer to a wireless network.
- If you have already installed the printer using a USB cable, proceed to restore the printer’s default settings.
- On the printer’s control panel, open the Wireless menu and press Restore Network Settings to restore the initial settings by following how to connect HP Officejet 5255 to wi-fi.
- Connect the computer and printer to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Choose the Wireless icon on the printer’s control panel and click the Setup option.
- Tap Wireless Setup Wizard to find the available Wi-Fi networks.
- Choose your Wi-Fi network’s name and enter the WEP pin to link the printer to your Wi-Fi network.
- Try to print a document or image after following how to connect hp officejet 5255 to wi-fi.
HP Officejet 5255 Wireless Direct Printing
- Use Wi-Fi Direct, if the local network is not available.
- Turn On the HP Officejet 5255 printer. Load papers into the input tray and install ink cartridges in the ink cartridge slots.
- From the Start menu click the Settings option.
- Select Devices and click Add a printer or scanner.
- Click Show Wi-Fi Direct printers from the options shown.
- Choose your printer’s name with the prefix DIRECT (eg., DIRECT-72-HP OFFICEJET 5255).
- If an Enter WPS PIN note displays view the printer for the WPS pin.
- Type the 8-digit WPS pin displayed on the printer’s control panel and click Next for HP Officejet 5255 wireless setup.