QUICKEST HP OFFICEJET 5255 SETUP
To set up the HP Officejet 5255 Setup printer for the first time, unpack the printer and place it on a table. You will notice the power cord, installation CD-ROM, warranty cards, and user guide. Read the user manual to know more about your printer. Switch ON the HP Officejet 5255 printer by pressing the Turn on/off button. Download and install the install printer software on your computer.
- Turn on the HP Officejet 5255 printer and follow how to setup HP Officejet 5255.
- In Windows, you can set up the printer through the USB connection.
- Take a USB cable of 3 meters in length and start to install the full feature printer software.
- Do not attach the USB cable until it is suggested during the driver installation.
- During the software installation, opt the connection type as a USB cable connection.
- When prompted, plug one terminal of the USB cable into the printer’s port.
- Plug the other terminal of the USB cable into the computer’s USB port for HP Officejet 5255 setup.
- If you wish to use the printer in a wireless medium, you will require an active Wi-Fi connection.
- If you have previously connected the printer using a USB cord, proceed to regain the printer’s default settings.
- Open the Wireless menu on the printer’s control panel and tap Restore Network Settings to restore the initial settings.
- Connect the computer and printer to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Choose the Wireless icon on the printer’s control panel and tap Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Select your Wi-Fi network’s name and enter the WEP pin to connect the printer to your Wi-Fi network.
- Try to print a document by following How to setup HP Officejet 5255.
How to Setup HP Officejet 5255 Windows
How to Setup HP Officejet 5255 Mac
- Power on the HP Officejet 5255 printer by pressing the Power button.
- Load papers into the input tray.
- Install the suitable ink cartridges in the ink cartridge slots.
- To link the printer on a wireless connection, install the printer software using Apple Software update.
- Refer the guidelines for HP Officejet 5255 Driver download on Mac using the Apple Software update on this site.
- During installation, specify the connection type as Wireless by following how to setup HP Officejet 5255.
- Note your Wi-Fi network name and password. Connect the printer and Mac computer to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Touch the Wireless button on the 123.hp.com/oj5255 printer’s control panel and press Wireless Setup Wizard.
- The printer starts to search for the available networks.
- Choose your printer name and enter the WEP pin for your wireless network.
- On your Mac, click the Apple menu and open the System Preferences menu
- Click Printer and Scanners option to add your HP Officejet 5255 setup printer.
- Add your printer by clicking the plus sign and set your printer as the default printer.
- Open a document or photoem> on your Mac computer and try printing a sample page.
How To Fax On HP Officejet 5255
- Press the Power button on the printer’s control panel.
- Install the full feature printer drivers from the link given on this site.
- You can also use the installation CD-ROM given with the printer package.
- Place the document to be faxed on the scanner glass.
- Press the Home button on the HP Officejet 5255 printer’s control panel.
- Tap the Fax option and enter the recipient’s fax address.
- Select the Start Fax option and choose the fax color type.
- Adjust the Fax resolution and select Send.
- The printer begins to scan the original documents.
- Wait for sometime and the fax will be transmitted to the recipient fax address after HP Officejet 5255 setup fax.