Skip to content
HP Officejet 3830 Cartridge
HP Officejet 3830 Ink Cartridge Replacement and Installation
- In case the HP Officejet 3830 Cartridge are not properly positioned on your printer, you might receive an ink cartridge error message displayed on the printer’s control panel.
- Try to reboot the HP Officejet 3830 printer. Power off the printer and unplug the power cable of the printer from the ports on both the sides.
- Pause for a minute and re-insert the power cord into the correct ports and then switch on your 123 HP Officejet 3830 printer. Do not start to print a document until the printer completes its warm up period. If the problem prolongs, check the ink cartridge suitability; if it contains the fault, then order original ink cartridges of the printer.
- To verify whether your ink cartridge is genuine, place your HP security seal and access to the QR code scanner application.
- In case you don’t have QR code scanner, you can use HP Sure Supply app.
- Index the serial number on the HP 3830 ink cartridge tot he official website and can verify whether your toner is a genuine one. Let the printer to produce an alignment page.
- It is advisable to replace the HP Officejet 3830 Cartridge if it is low or empty.
- Check the level of the ink cartridge if the patterns are faded. You need to replace the ink cartridge if ink level is low or empty.
- Clean the ink cartridge or the printhead assembly, in case the issue is not rectified. The newly updated printers have automated tools to clean the printhead assembly.
- Navigate to the Settings or Tools option displayed under Printer Properties and tap on the Clean Printhead option.
- Pause until the automated tool cleans the printhead and prints an alignment page.
- If the steps provided above does not rectify the issue, you need to take off and replace a new ink cartridge on your printer.
- Always verify the toner level. To verify the toner level, tap on the ink drop icon on the control panel of your 123.hp.com/oj3830 printer.
- If you find an icon, click on it and navigate to the HP ink cartridge menu from the ink cartridge estimate.
- In case the check the ink level option is not available on the control panel of your printer, you need to estimate the ink level from your computer.
- Power up the printer and make sure that the printer and computer are connected.
- Check whether the HP Solution Center window gets displayed to check the toner level.
- Use the option to estimate the ink levels on your printer. In case the ink level provides the printout which is not of an acceptable quality, stop the troubleshooting as the problem is not with the HP Officejet 3830 ink cartridge.
- To estimate the ink level on the Mac device, turn on the printer and ensure that the printer and PC are linked with each other.
- Click on the Apple icon from the menu bar and then navigate to the System Preferences.
- Click Print and Scan or Printers and Scanners or Print and Fax, choose your printer’s name from the list and select Options and Supplies.
- Move to the Supply Levels option to get an estimate of the ink and toner levels on the printer.
- Try to print a test document. If you any doubts, contact our tech support on our toll-free 1-866-309-6188.