QUICK SOLUTIONS FOR HP OFFICEJET 250 TROUBLESHOOTING
Fix your HP Officejet 250 printer issues in minutes by just following the standard HP Officejet 250 troubleshooting methods. Try the diagnostic solutions like HP Print and Scan Doctor provided by HP to resolve the problems related to print and scan jobs. You can troubleshoot the network connection to fix the issues associated with connectivity issues.
HP OFFICEJET 250 ERROR STATE AND CAUSING ROUTER TO DISCONNECT FROM INTERNET
- Press the Power button and turn on the HP Officejet 250 printer.
- Check if you are utilizing the Wi-Fi Direct option available on your printer.
- Swipe down the screen on the printer’s control panel and open the Dashboard
- Tap Wi-Fi Direct or Wireless Direct option and press Setup.
- If the Wi-Fi Direct option is enabled on your printer, turn it off.
- Now, switch off the printer and wait for sometime.
- Turn on the HP Officejet 250 printer again and try connecting to a Wi-Fi network.
HP OFFICEJET 250 PRINTER OFFLINE
- Download the HP Print and Scan Doctor automated tool from the manufacturer’s site.
- Locate and run the HPPSdr.exe from the Downloads folder.
- Select Start on the HP Print and Scan Doctor window and choose your HP Officejet 250 printer.
- If a screen asks you to enable the printer updates, click Yes to fix HP Officejet 250 troubleshooting.
- If a screen suggests you for setting your printer as the default printer, select Yes.
- If you face the same problem, proceed to set your printer as the default printer manually.
- Go to Printer and Scanners options and select your printer’s name. Select Manage and click Set as default. Try printing a sample page.
HP OFFICEJET 250 TROUBLESHOOTING NOT CONNECTING TO WIFI
- To fix the connectivity issue, position the HP Officejet 250 printer closer to the router so that the printer will lie within the Wi-Fi network. Now, reduce the router channel interference.
- Connect only your printer in the channel and disable other devices using your Wi-Fi.
- Click the Setup menu on the printer’s control panel.
- Tap Print Network Configuration page and the printer will print an Info page.
- Examine the configuration page to locate the exact problem.
- Try to print. If you face the same problem, troubleshoot the printer connection.
HP OFFICEJET 250 PAPER JAM ERROR
- On the error screen, press OK on the printer’s control panel.
- Using a flashlight, check if any bits of paper is jammed in the input area.
- With the help of your hands, remove the jammed papers from the tray.
- To prevent tearing of the whole paper, pull out the paper using both hands.
- Try printing. If you face the same problem, remove the jammed papers from the ink cartridge access area to fix hp officejet 250 troubleshooting.
- Now, detach the battery out of its slot and use a torch to find out jammed papers.
- Make sure that you remove all the jammed papers and try to print.
HP OFFICEJET 250 PRINT JOB STUCK IN QUEUE
- Press the Power button and power off the 123.hp.com/oj250 printer.
- Open Services from the Windows menu and right-click Print Spooler to solve HP Officejet 250 Troubleshooting.
- Click Stop and close the Services window on your computer.
- Search for C: Windows\System32\Spool\PRINTERS and open.
- Clear all the files present in the Printers folder and power off your computer.
- Turn on the computer, and then try printing. If the issue prevails, continue to the next instruction to fix HP officejet 250 print job stuck in queue.
- Proceed to reinstall the HP Officejet 250 printer driver and software from the link given on this site.
HP OFFICEJET 250 FACTORY RESET
- Swipe down the screen to open the Dashboard on the printer’s control panel for HP Officejet 250 Factory Reset.
- Tap Setup and press Printer Maintenance. Press Restore and touch Restore Settings.
- Choose the function for which you would like to retrieve the factory settings.
- The restore option is available for the Copy, Scan, Photo, Network, Web Services, and Printer Setup for HP Officejet 250 factory reset
- Tap Restore and the default settings will be restored on your printer.
- If you want to restore the entire printer functions, follow the upcoming steps for HP Officejet 250 factory reset.
- Turn the printer off and detach the power cord from the printer.Reconnect the cord after 30 seconds.
- Now, press and hold the Resume button for 15 seconds and the printer will restore its default settings to fix HP Officejet 250 Troubleshooting.