ELABORATED HP OFFICEJET 100 TROUBLESHOOTING GUIDANCE
To solve the errors occurring on the HP Officejet 100 printer, perform the standard HP Officejet 100 troubleshooting methods to resolve the problem. Use the HP Print and Scan Doctor to get guided solutions to fix the errors occurring on the HP Officejet 100 printers. Set your printer as the default printer to have a constant connection.
HOW To CLEAN HP OFFICEJET 100 PRINT HEAD
- Switch on the HP Officejet 100 printer by pressing the Power button.
- Lift open the access lid on the 123.hp.com/oj100 printer.
- If you are using a Mac computer, open the HP Printer Utility.
- Select Information and Support panel to fix HP Officejet 100 Troubleshooting.
- Choose the Clean Printhead option and the printer will start to clean the printhead.
- If you are using a Windows computer, open the HP Print Assistant on your computer.
- Click Maintain Your Printer section and run Clean Printhead to clean the printhead automatically.
HOW TO FIX HP OFFICEJET 100 MOBILE PRINTER PAPER FEED PROBLEM
- Power on the HP Officejet 100 printer by pressing the Power button.
- With the HP Officejet 100 printer switched on, detach the power cable from the printer.
- Disconnect the power cable from the electrical socket.
- Slide the battery on the rear of the printer to remove the battery from the printer.
- Wait for sometime, and reinstall the battery into the battery slot available on the printer.
- Now, power on the printer and try printing a sample page.
- If the error persists, clean the paper feed rollers using the cleaning kit.
HP OFFICEJET 100 PRINTING BLANK PAGES
- Pull open the ink cartridge access door and uninstall the ink cartridges from the ink cartridge slots.
- Use a lint-free and clean cloth to wipe the residues from ink cartridge contacts and ink nozzle.
- Wipe the ink nozzles and the copper-colored parts using the cloth.
- Press the Power button to switch on the HP Officejet 100 printer.
- Reinstall the ink cartridge into the appropriate ink cartridge slots.
- Pull and Close the ink cartridge access cover after installing the ink cartridges to solve HP Officejet 100 Troubleshooting.
- If the error is not fixed, replace the ink cartridge.
HP OFFICEJET 100 MOBILE PRINTER WON’T PRINT FROM IOS WITH BLUETOOTH
- Power on the HP Officejet 100 printer.
- Insert paper into the paper input tray and install ink cartridges into the ink cartridge chamber.
- Place the printer closer to the device from which you want to access the HP Officejet 100 printer to fix HP Officejet 100 Troubleshooting.
- Re-establish the printer connection.
- If you are unable to link the printer using Bluetooth connection, uninstall the printer software from the Mac computer. Download the latest version of printer drivers and software from the link given on this site.
- Try to connect the printer over a Bluetooth connection, if the error prevails, service the printer.
HP OFFICEJET 100 MOBILE PRINTER WON’T PRINT ON LOADED PHOTO PAPER
- Remove the photo papers from the input tray and proceed to reset the HP Officejet 100 printer.
- Power On the HP Officejet 100 printer and wait until it is silent and idle.
- With the printer powered on, detach the power cable from the printer.
- Detach the other terminal connecting the power supply to solve HP Officejet 100 Troubleshooting.
- Wait at least for a minute and reconnect the power cable into the printer and power supply.
- Power up the HP Officejet 100 printer and try to print a sample page.
- If the error prevails, proceed to clean the paper tray rollers and the paper feed rollers from the ink cartridge area.
HP OFFICEJET 100 PAPER JAM ERROR
- To fix HP Officejet 100 Paper jam error, Slide open the paper tray and remove the jammed papers.
- Turn ON the printer and examine if there are any jammed papers in the input tray slot.
- Use a flashlight to inspect if there are bits of paper in the paper pick rollers.
- Power off the printer to fix HP Officejet 100 Paper jam error.
- Dampen a lint-free cloth and gently press the cloth against the duplexing roller and rotate them with your fingers.
- Check if the carriage is moving freely. Remove the jammed papers and try printing.
- If the To fix HP Officejet 100 Paper jam error prevails, proceed to reset the printer.
HP OFFICEJET 100 MOBILE PRINTER BLUETOOTH NOT WORKING
- Power On the HP Officejet 100 printer and load sufficient papers into the input tray.
- Print a Network Configuration sheet to find the exact cause of the error message.
- Right-click on your printer model and choose Set as default printer to assign your printer as the default printer.
- Click the Start menu on your computer, and select Devices and Printers.
- Make sure that the Pause Printing or Use Printer Offline is not enabled.
- Double-click on your printer name and select See what’s printing to view the print queue.
- Cancel the print jobs present in the print queue to fix HP Officejet 100 Troubleshooting.