Skip to content
HP Envy 7640 Wireless Setup
How to Setup HP Envy 7640 Wireless for Windows
- To do HP Envy 7640 Wireless setup, You should know the network name and password in order to connect the printer and the computer.
- Make certain that you have linked the printer to the network which is already used by your computer. At the time of setting up the printer, keep the printer and router closer to each other.
- Remove all connected USB cables and Ethernet cables from the HP Envy 7640 printer.
- After powering up the printer, system, and the computer, you have to position all the devices within the network range.
- Make use of the HP Envy 7640 Wireless Setup Wizard option in order to help the HP installer to detect the printer easily at the time of installation.
- Make sure that you have powered up the printer and the HP Envy 7640 Wireless icon on the printer’s control panel is enabled.
- Tap on the settings icon to choose the Wireless Setup Wizard. Trail the guides to link the printer to the computer.
- Install the software on the computer from which you want to print.
- Download the updated printer driver and software for your printer. Navigate to our website and check the availability of the printer driver for your printer model.
- Pick out the document from the desired location on your computer and start to print from your HP Envy 7640 printer.
- If the printing is done successfully, you can stop further troubleshooting steps.
HP Envy 7640 Wireless Setup for Mac
- When you are about to print, collect the network name and password of the wireless router which you are using HP Envy 7640 Wireless Setup for Mac.
- You are prompted to key in the network name and password, and link the HP Envy 7640 printer and Personal Computer.
- Use the network to which the computer is already connected to.
- Power on the personal computer, 123.hp.com/envy7640 printer, and the wireless router. Affirm that all the devices that are being part of the print system is within the range of the local wireless network.
- It is advised to keep the printer and the router at minimum distance at the time of setting up the printer.
- With the aid of the Wireless Setup wizard you can link your HP Envy 7640 printer and the Personal computer to the wireless network.
- Once you power on your printer, tap on the Wireless icon. The Wireless window displays. After powering up the printer, tap on the settings icon from the Wireless window.
- Tap on the Wireless Setup Wizard, make use of the guides displayed on the printer’s control panel to connect the printer to your HP Envy 7640 Wireless network.
- Liable to the requirements, download and install the driver for your HP Envy 7640 printer.
- Download the recent driver and software for your HP Envy 7640 printer.
- Go through the on- screen prompts to install the driver on the computer for HP Envy 7640 wireless setup for Mac. After the installation process gets over, choose a preferred document and print it.