HP Envy 7640 Printer Ink Cartridge Problem
You might receive any one of the errors such as HP Envy 7640 Printer Ink cartridge problem, compatible ink cartridge, ink cartridge failure after installing a new ink cartridge to your HP Envy 7640 printer. Affirm that the you have purchased and installed appropriate ink cartridge.
Solution 1 : Locate the cartridge properly
- Push the power button to power up your 123.hp.com/envy7640 printer. Raise the ink cartridge access door then you can see the movement of carriage to the access area.
- Affirm that the color icon on each cartridge label corresponds with the color icon on the carriage slot.
- If the cartridges are not installed properly, remove the cartridge from the carriage. Gradually bend the tab away from the cartridge, and then re- seat it to its carriage.
- Raise and lower the printhead latch to make sure that it is locked properly.
- Subsequently, close the cartridge access door. If your printer issue is successfully sorted, stop troubleshooting. Move on to the below steps, if the issue persists.
Solution 2 : Remove, check and HP Envy 7640 ink replacement the cartridges
- You are not allowed to proceed with the further steps until the printer finishes its warm- up session.
- Unlock the cartridge access door. By doing this, you can see the carriage moving to its accessing area.
- Push the slot and take out the installed cartridge. Pull out the orange tab, if you found the cartridge remains attached.
- Shut the cartridge access door after aligning the HP 7640 ink cartridges into the respective slots.
Solution 3 : Maintain the cartridge free from dust and dirt.
- Affirm that you have powered on the printer. Take out the power cord which is connected on the posterior side of the printer.
- Take out the cartridge from its slot.Monitor the level of ink and debris.
- Wipe the contacts using a wet cloth until you find no debris inside the printer.
- Locate the electrical contacts in the cartridge slot. Re- insert the cartridges into their allotted slot.Redo these steps to wipe and replace any other ink cartridges.
- After closing the HP Envy 7640 Printer Ink cartridge access door, use a power cord to re- link the printer to the electrical outlet.
Solution 4 : Boot up your printer
- Make use of the power button to switch on the HP Envy 7640 printer.
- Terminate the power cord connection between the printer’s rear end and the outlet wall.
- Wait for 15 seconds, then link the power cord again into the wall outlet and to the printer’s rear end.
- If you find your HP Envy 7640 printer is not powered up automatically, push the power button to successfully power on the printer.
Solution 5 : Replace the faulty ink cartridge with a unused cartridge
- Occasionally, using the genuine ink cartridge may cause the error though. Monitor the ink cartridge warranty status, and then substitute the ink cartridges.
- Affirm that your HP Envy 7640 printer is powered on. unlock the ink cartridge access door.
- Take out the faulty cartridge from the slot. Unwrap the newly purchased cartridge.
- Push the cartridge into its slot with the nozzle and contacts placing downward.
- Keep the cartridges into its respective slot. Re- do these steps to HP Envy 7640 replace other ink cartridges, if need, and then shut the ink cartridge access door.
Solution 6 : Replace the faulty ink cartridge with the new ink cartridge
- After powering on the HP Envy 7640 printer, affirm that you have placed the plain paper in the loading tray of the printer.
- Unlock the cartridge access door in order to eliminate the existing faulty ink cartridges from its socket.
- Remove newly purchased ink cartridge from its package. You are supposed to touch only the black plastic on the cartridge.
- Keep the new HP Envy 7640 Printer ink cartridge into the free slot and check whether you have placed it correctly.
- After closing the cartridge access door you can start printing the document or photo of your choice.