HP Envy 7640 Ink Cartridge Problem
You might receive any one of the errors such as HP Envy 7640 Ink cartridge problem, compatible ink cartridge, ink cartridge failure after installing a new ink cartridge to your HP Envy 7640 printer. Affirm that the you have purchased and installed appropriate ink cartridge.
Solution 1: Locate the cartridge properly
- Push the power button to power up your 123.hp.com/envy7640 printer. Raise the ink cartridge access door then you can see the movement of carriage to the access area.
- Affirm that the color icon on each cartridge label corresponds with the color icon on the carriage slot.
- If the cartridges are not installed properly, remove the cartridge from the carriage. Gradually bend the tab away from the cartridge, and then re-seat it to its carriage.
- Raise and lower the printhead latch to make sure that it is locked properly.
- Subsequently, close the cartridge access door. If your printer issue is successfully sorted, stop troubleshooting. Move on to the below steps, if the HP Envy 7640 ink cartridge problem persists.
Solution 2: Remove, check and HP Envy 7640 ink replacement the cartridges
- You are not allowed to proceed with the further steps until the printer finishes its warm- up session for HP Envy 7640 ink cartridge problem.
- Unlock the cartridge access door. By doing this, you can see the carriage moving to its accessing area.
- Push the slot and take out the installed cartridge. Pull out the orange tab, if you found the cartridge remains attached.
- Shut the cartridge access door after aligning the HP Envy 7640 ink cartridges into the respective slots.
Solution 3: Maintain the cartridge free from dust and dirt.
- Affirm that you have powered on the printer. Take out the power cord which is connected on the posterior side of the printer.
- Take out the cartridge from its slot. Monitor the level of ink and debris.
- Wipe the contacts using a wet cloth until you find no debris inside the printer.
- Locate the electrical contacts in the cartridge slot. Re-insert the cartridges into their allotted slot. Redo these steps to wipe and replace any other ink cartridges.
- After closing the HP Envy 7640 Printer Ink cartridge access door, use a power cord to re- link the printer to the electrical outlet to clear HP Envy 7640 ink cartridge problem.
Solution 4: Boot up your printer
- Make use of the power button to Switch ON the HP Envy 7640 printer.
- Terminate the power cord connection between the printer’s rear end and the outlet wall to clear HP Envy 7640 ink cartridge problem.
- Wait for 15 seconds, then link the power cord again into the wall outlet and to the printer’s rear end.
- If you find your HP Envy 7640 printer is not powered up automatically, push the power button to successfully power on the printer.
Solution 5: Replace the faulty ink cartridge with a unused cartridge
- Occasionally, using the genuine ink cartridge may cause the error though. Monitor the ink cartridge warranty status, and then substitute the ink cartridges.
- Affirm that your HP Envy 7640 printer is powered on. unlock the ink cartridge access door.
- Take out the faulty cartridge from the slot. Unwrap the newly purchased cartridge.
- Push the cartridge into its slot with the nozzle and contacts placing downward.
- Keep the cartridges into its respective slot. Re-do these steps to HP Envy 7640 replace other ink cartridges, if need, and then shut the ink cartridge access door.
Solution 6: HP Envy 7640 ink cartridge Replacement with new cartridge
- After powering on the HP Envy 7640 printer, affirm that you have placed the plain paper in the loading tray of the printer.
- Unlock the cartridge access door in order to eliminate the existing faulty ink cartridges from its socket.
- Remove newly purchased ink cartridge from its package. You are supposed to touch only the black plastic on the cartridge.
- Keep the new HP Envy 7640 Printer ink cartridge into the free slot and check whether you have placed it correctly.
- After clearing HP Envy 7640 ink cartridge problem, close the cartridge access door you can start printing the document or photo of your choice.