Swift Guide for How to Setup HP Envy 5640 Wireless
Wireless feature of the Envy 5640 printer lets you connect it to other devices over the same network. The Envy 5640 printer gets connected to the network automatically by following How to Setup HP Envy 5640 Wireless; it does not need any cord to be attached manually. The adapter that is built in the Envy 5640 printer enables the wireless connection on it. The network connectivity establishes the communication between the computer or laptop and the Hewlett Packard printer.
HP Envy 5640 Wireless Setup Windows
- Open the Windows Store on your Personal Computer.
- Type HP Smart in the search bar.
- Click the Install button and wait until the HP Smart application gets downloaded.
- Follow the prompts that display on your Windows system to install the app.
- The HP Smart application will search for all printers that are linked to the network.
- If only one printer is available on the network, HP Smart selects it automatically.
- Choose the Printer icon if many printers are bridged with the network and then click on the Select a Different Printer option.
- From the list, select your Envy 5640 printer while doing How to Setup HP Envy 5640 Wireless.
- For setting up a new printer on the network, choose the + sign and then click on the Setup a New Printer option.
- Comply with the steps that appear on the app’s screen.
How to Setup HP Envy 5640 Wireless Mac
- The steps on how to connect your Mac computer to the printer using the Auto Wireless Connect mode are as follows.
- Connect your Mac Personal Computer to the appropriate Wi-Fi network.
- During the HP Envy 5640 wireless setup process, your system will be disconnected from the wireless network for a short period.
- Make sure you do not use a static IP address on the Mac system.
- This connection does not require any wireless settings credentials such as Service Set Identifier name and password to be entered manually.
- Launch the software for your printer from this website. When instructed, choose the network type as Wireless.
- Now, select Yes followed by the Send my wireless settings to the printer option.
- The Auto Wireless Connect feature will link the Envy 5640 printer to the network. If the Envy 5640 printer is not linked to the network, reset the settings.
How to find HP Envy 5640 wps pin
- Users can obtain the WPS PIN from the rear of your wireless access point along with the Mac address and Serial No details.
- You can also refer to the document that was delivered along with your network router.
- Another way of getting the WPS PIN is by accessing the web-based setup site of your wireless router.
- Type your router’s IP address in the search window and then tap the Enter button to find WPS pin.
- Now, enter all the sign in details on your Personal Computer.
- Click on the OK button, select Wireless, and then choose Wi-Fi Protected Setup.
- Make a note of the Wi-Fi Protected Setup PIN at the bottom-right corner of the computer screen.
How to connect HP Envy 5640 to wi-fi
- Before you start, get the name of your Wi-Fi network and its correct password.
- Make sure to link the Mac or Windows device to the wireless network.
- Power On your computer, access point, and the HP Envy 5640 printer to connect to wi-fi.
- Place your PC and printer within the network router’s range.
- Go to the operator panel of your 123.hp.com/envy5640 printer and tap the Wireless icon on it.
- Touch the Settings icon, select Wireless Settings, and then tap the Wireless Setup Wizard option by doing How to Setup HP Envy 5640 Wireless.
- Go with the instructions that appear on the touch panel to associate your HP Envy 5640 printer to the Wi-Fi network.
- After completing the HP Envy 5640 wireless setup, install the driver from this site.
HP Envy 5640 wireless direct printing
- Confirm that the Envy 5640 printer is turned On. Check if the ink cartridges are installed and papers are loaded into the input tray.
- On the Start window, click the Settings icon and choose the Devices option.
- Select Printers & Scanners and then click on the Add a Printer or Scanner button. If the Show Wi-Fi Direct Printers button appears on your system, click it.
- Find your Envy 5640 printer with DIRECT in its name.
- Once you confirm that your Envy 5640 printer is in the ready state, select the Add Device option for HP Envy 5640 wireless direct printing.
- After the Enter the WPS PIN for your printer message opens on your computer, go to your Hewlett Packard printer.
- The WPS PIN displays on the touch panel, else it will be available on the page the Envy 5640 printer prints.
- Type the eight-digit PIN in the correct field and select Next; with this the HP Envy 5640 wireless setup is complete by doing How to Setup HP Envy 5640 Wireless.