HP Envy 5540 Troubleshooting
Fixed problem solving solutions for HP envy 5540 troubleshooting steps for the printer common issues.
HP Envy 5540 Ink level Checking
Estimate the ink or toner levels for your printer regularly to determine if you need to replace any empty or low HP Envy 5540 ink cartridges. You can find ink or toner levels on your printer’s control panel. Search for an ink drop or cartridge icon or an ink levels menu to verify the status of each cartridge. In case the printer does not have an ink level icon, make use of the steps which are given below to estimate ink or toner levels from your PC or mobile device.
Step 1 : Estimate from the printer software on a computer
The printer driver includes printer management software that displays ink or toner levels.
- Power up the HP Envy 5540 printer and ensure that it is linked to the system.
- Choose your printer name from the list of results. If the result has HP Solution Center option, select it.
- Check ink or toner levels display on the home screen of the printer software.
- In case you could not access your ink levels, go the step 2.
Verify estimated ink or toner levels for a printer connected to a Mac system.
- Power ON your HP Envy 5540 printer and ascertain that it is linked to the computer.
- From the menu bar, choose the Apple icon and then select System Preferences for HP envy 5540 troubleshooting.
- Tap on Printer and Scanners, Print and Fax, or Print and Scan.
- Click the printer’s name in the printer list, select Options and Supplies and select the Supply Levels option.
- In the event that you could not access your ink levels, move to step 2.
Step 2: Verify ink levels with HP apps
Configure an HP app to verify ink levels from a system, tablet or mobile device.
Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool
- Make use of the HP Print and Scan Doctor software and resolve your printing and scanning HP Envy 5540 Troubleshooting issues easily.
- After installing the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool, select Start, choose your printer and then tap on Next.
- From the top menu bar, choose Printer.
- Click on the Supply Levels option to view the estimated ink or toner levels.
Using the HP Smart app
- Make use of the HP smart app to verify the estimated ink or toner levels from your mobile device, PC or tablet.
- From your mobile phone or computer, find your app store, download and install the HP Smart app on your device.
- Go through the guides to configure your printer with the app. The estimated ink or toner levels get displayed on the home screen for HP Envy 5540 troubleshooting.
HP Envy 5540 Troubleshooting – Paper Not Print
- In some cases, the type and condition of paper can affect the way the printer picks paper.
- Position the stack of paper into the paper tray. Dust, paper fiber and other debris might cause the paper feed HP Envy 5540 Troubleshooting issues.
- Power Off your HP printer. Unplug the power cord from the posterior side of the printer.
- In case the printer does not have a duplexer or rear access door. Then access the pick rollers by removing the main paper tray.
- Search for the large rubber pick rollers. Remove dust or dirt from the rollers using wet clothes.
- Clean the rollers on the duplexer in case your printer has a duplexer to avoid HP envy 5540 troubleshooting issues.
- Shut the access door and re-link the power cord to the posterior side of the printer.
- Tap on the printer’s power button to turn it on. Attempt to print a sample document or photo.
- If it doesn’t work, reboot your 123.hp.com/envy5540 printer. Disconnect the power cord from the posterior side of the printer without turning the printer off.
- Halt for at least 30 seconds, and then re-link the power cord to the posterior side of the printer.
- Power up your printer. You can print the desired document or photo.
HP Envy 5540 Printer Offline Error
HP Envy 5540 Printer offline for Windows
- Make use of the HP Print and Scan Doctor to verify the printer connectivity (Wired or Wireless) for HP envy 5540 troubleshooting.
- Change the default printer driver to your originally installed driver and ensure that the printer is not set for offline usage for HP Envy 5540 Offline error.
- Boot up your printer and verify your printer connection status.
- For Wireless connection : Ensure that the HP Envy 5540 wireless signal is turned on from the wireless network settings. Ascertain that the wireless icon light is on.
- For Wired connection : Link the cable to the printer and the computer correctly. The link light (green) must be steady and the orange light (activity) must blink.
- In case the driver is using the wrong communication port, then your printer is in the offline state.
- Update the printer firmware regularly. Create a manual network connection to avoid HP Envy 5540 Troubleshooting.
- Once you are done with setting a manual IP address for the printer, add a printer port to windows that correspond this new IP address.
HP Envy 5540 Printer offline for Mac
- Verify the connection between your printer and the Mac device to confirm HP Envy 5540 offline error.
- If it is the Wired connection, make certain that you have plugged the cables properly into the port.
- In case it is a HP envy 5540 Wireless connection, make sure that you placed your printer and router at a minimum distance for HP Envy 5540 troubleshooting.
- Verify for multiple devices in the printers list, and then delete any extra entries other than one which is in the idle state.
- Delete the printer queue from the printers list and then add it again. By doing so can create a new printing session.
- Select Reset printing system by right-clicking the blank space in the printers list.
- Select Reset in the confirmation window.
- Index the administrator user name and password, and then select OK.
- Halt until the printing system is reset and no devices show in the Printers list.
- Add your printer tot he list again and try to print a document.
HP Envy 5540 Troubleshooting – Scanner Network Issues
HP Envy 5540 Scanner Network Issues for Windows
- Boot up the printer and computer and verify the driver scan settings. Rebooting the devices can restore the lost HP Envy 5540 scan connection.
- Ensure the network and printer connection status. Ratify that your network is working properly and the printer is ready for scanning a document.
- Most of the routers can operate in both 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz frequency bands, but not all printers are compatible with both bands.
- On the PC, move to the network icon in the notification area to view the network name and connection status.
- In case you are using a Virtual Private Network, disconnect it when you are trying to scan.
- Use the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool to fix and HP Envy 5540 Troubleshooting all type of printing and scanning issues easily.
- You can rectify your scan issues by uninstalling the printer software prior to re-installing the updated driver.
- Download the driver and software from our website and re-install it based on the compatibility.
HP Envy 5540 Scanner Network Issues for Mac
- Re-booting the printer and computer can rectify the scan connection and then verify the scan settings on your Mac device.
- Ensure the network and printer connection status. You can use either the Wireless network or the Wired network for the printer connection. Ascertain that your printer is ready for scanning.
- Ensure that the 2.4 GHz router band is activated and broadcasting. Many routers are compatible with both 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz frequency bands for HP Envy 5540 troubleshooting
- Tap on the network icon in the menu bar on the Mac device to view the network name and connection status.
- Use the firewall software which came along with the Mac OS and OS X. It is not advisable to use a third party firewall on your Mac device.
- Exclude the printer from the print queue, and then re-add it to rectify any error with the printer setup.
- Uninstall the printer driver and software before re-installing the recent software to resolve the scan connection issue.
- After HP Envy 5540 troubleshooting configure the latest driver and software for your printer.