HP Envy 5540 Ink Cartridge
After inserting an HP Envy 5540 Ink cartridge into the printer, your printer does not print and one of the error message which is listed below gets displayed on the printer’s control panel:
HP Envy 5540 Ink Cartridge Missing and Problem
Step 1 : Ascertain that you use the compatible ink cartridge
Ensure that the inserted ink cartridge in the printer is suitable with your printer and they are an authenticated ink cartridges.
Step 2 : Verify the ink cartridges
Your printer might display an error in case the ink cartridges are not properly installed.
- Check if your printer is turned on. Open the HP 5540 ink cartridge access door, press down on one of the ink cartridges to release it.
- Take off the protective tape that might be on the ink cartridge nozzles.
- Reinsert the ink cartridge by sliding it into the empty slot and then push up on the ink cartridge until it fixes into place.
- Shut the ink cartridge access door. In case the error still exists, move to the next step.
Step 3 : Wipe the electrical contacts
In case the electrical contacts on the ink cartridges and the ink cartridges slot in the printer have HP 5540 ink or debris, the printer might not detect the ink cartridges or there might be an ink cartridge failure.
- Power on your 123.hp.com/envy5540 printer. Open the ink cartridge access door.
- Unplug the power cord from the posterior side of the printer. Unlink the USB cable, in case the printer is linked to your system with a USB connection.
- Press on the ink cartridge to release it from the slot, and then remove the ink cartridge from its slot.
- Hold the ink cartridges by its sides and then check the ink cartridge contacts for ink and debris.
- Ensure that you clean only the copper-colored contacts on the ink cartridge, and then allow the ink cartridge to dry for about 10 minutes.
- Make use of the cloth to clean the electrical contacts in the ink cartridge slots.
- Reinsert the ink cartridge, push up on the ink cartridge until it fixes into place.
- Insert the color cartridge into the left slot and position the black ink cartridge into the right slot.
- Shut the ink cartridge access door. Re-link the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Re-plug the USB cable, if the printer is linked to your system via a USB connection.
- Turn on your HP Envy 5540 printer. Try to print or scan a document. If it does not work out, go to the next step.
Step 4 : Take away and reinsert the ink cartridge again
- Open the ink cartridge access door. Gently press the cartridge to remove it from the slot.
- Position the new HP Envy 5540 Ink cartridge into the slot. Place the black ink cartridge into the right side of the slot and color ink cartridge into the left side of the slot.
- Once you are down with installing the new ink cartridge.
- Close the cartridge access door.
- In case the error no longer displays on the printer’s control panel and you are able to print successfully, you can stop troubleshooting.
- If the error still persists, move to the next step.
Step 5 : Boot up the printer
- Rebooting the printer might resolve an ink cartridge error.
- Power on your printer. Halt until the HP Envy 5540 printer is stable and noiseless before you start.
- Unplug the power cord from the rear of the printer and from the wall outlet.
- Pause for at least 60 seconds. Connect the power cord back into the wall outlet and to the rear of the printer.Tap on printer’s power button to power it on. Try to print a sample document.
- In case the document does not print good, consult our tech support team on our toll-free number to resolve it.