HP Envy 4520 Ink Cartridge error
Sometimes, after you install the cartridge on your 123.hp.com/envy4520 printer, it may fail to accept print jobs or the print jobs that come out of your printer may not meet your expectations. Do you find this situation relatable? How often has this happened to you and how many times have you been on the edge of throwing in the towel? Well, you don’t have to anymore. Read on to get some expert help for that darned HP Envy 4520 Ink cartridge error.
HP Envy 4520 change ink cartridge
The first and foremost step is to check the cartridge compatibility. If the cartridge used is not compatible with your printer, the steps given in this document may not be of any avail to you.
- Now switch ON the 123.hp.com/envy4520 printer and open the cartridge access door. The carriage will move to the middle of the printer. Wait for the printer to be silent before you proceed. Raise the lid on the cartridge slot and press on the front of the cartridge to release it.
- Take out the cartridge and check if there is any protective tape that has been left behind on the cartridge. If there is any, peel it off.
- Make sure to refrain from touching the copper colored contacts on the cartridge, These are the electrical contacts and touching these can cause the print system to fail.
- Clean the cartridge with a dry cloth and let them dry for a little while. Do not let the cartridges remain outside the printer for too long to clear HP Envy 4520 ink cartridge error.
- Now clean the electrical contacts on the cartridge. Switch ON the printer, open the lid of the scanner and the cartridge access door. The carriage moves to the middle of the printer. Lift the cartridge out of the printer by pressing on the front of the cartridge.
- Moisten the swab and squeeze out any excess water from it. Clean the contacts on the cartridge with the cloth. Hold the cartridge only by the sides, do not touch the copper contacts.
steps to change HP Envy 4520 ink cartridge
- Take out the cartridges and place them back into the printer, reconnect the power cable to the printer. Switch ON the printer and see if the error was resolved.
- Try printing. If the error was not resolved, try the option given below.
- Check the cartridges on the printer. The fault may lie with the black ink cartridge or the color ink cartridge. Identify the cartridge that has the problem and replace it.
- After you install a new HP Envy 4520 ink cartridge, your printer will align the cartridges. Once the cartridge alignment is done, your printer will print an alignment page.
- If this does not help, try resetting the print system. To do this, remove the power cord from the rear of the printer while the printer is powered on. Unplug the power cable from the socket on the wall and wait for a little while. Then reconnect the cable and switch on the printer. If this also does not work, you may have to service the printer to clear HP Envy 4520 ink cartridge error.
HP Envy 4520 ink cartridge error – Black Ink Not Printing
- To solve HP Envy 4520 ink cartridge error, take out the black HP Envy 4520 ink cartridge. Switch ON the printer and check for the slots on the left and right of the printer.
- Place your fingers into the slots and raise it to open the access door. Wait for the carriage to move to the center of the access area and become silent.
- Raise the lid on the cartridge slot and push back on the lid to take out the cartridge.
- Take out the black cartridge and try printing again. See if the printer is able to print. If your printer is able to print in single cartridge mode, you can continue with the print job.
- If you are still not happy with the printed output or if your printer still does not print black HP 4520 ink, try the next solution.
- Check what cartridge is being used on your printer. Make sure you are using only genuine HP cartridges.
- Sometimes, leaving your printer inactive can help correct error states on your printer. Give your printer about 30 minutes to rest and see if the printer is printing.
- Check the paper that you use to print on. It has to be compatible with your 123.hp.com/envy4520 printer to clear HP Envy 4520 ink cartridge error.
- Making use of different paper types to print the same print job is also not advisable.
- Check the settings of your print job. Click on File and then on Print. Then click Printer Properties and check the settings for Paper Type, Paper Quality, and Paper Size.
- Check the ink level estimate on the printer. Click on the Home button on the control panel of the printer. Scroll to HP 4520 Ink Level using the Down Arrow. Check the ink level.
- If there is any cartridge that is low on ink, replace it. Switch ON the printer and open the scanner lid. Open the access door of the cartridge and wait for the printer to become silent.
- Now remove the new cartridge from its packaging material to place it into the printer.
- Press on top of the old cartridge to take it out. Pull on the orange tab of the new cartridge to vent it.
- Hold it at an elevated angle such that the contacts face the printer and slide the new cartridge into its slot in the 123 HP Envy 4520 printer.
- secure it into place and replace the cartridge access door. Wait for the printer to print an alignment page.
- Print a Quality Report on your printer and examine the Quality Reports page for defects.
- Check the page for smears or streaks on the page and then proceed to clean the HP Envy 4520 ink cartridges if needed.
- If that did not help, try aligning the printer. Also, try to replace the faulty ink cartridge to clear HP Envy 4520 ink cartridge error.
- After the printer alignment has been completed, an alignment page will be printed.
- If your HP Envy 4520 printer fails to print an alignment page, click on the Down Arrow on the control panel of your printer, navigate to Tools and then click OK to confirm your choice.
- Now, click the down arrow again and click on Align Printer. Press OK to confirm your choice. An alignment page will get printed on your printer.
- Your cartridge issue must be resolved by now; if not replace the printhead to solve HP Envy 4520 ink cartridge error.