HP Envy 4512 INK CARTRIDGE ISSUES
After a new HP Envy 4512 Ink cartridge installation, you may detect one of the following error messages displays on the control panel of your 12.hp.com/envy4512 printer.
Ink cartridge problem, Incompatible Ink Cartridge, Ink Cartridge Failure
Make certain that the installed cartridges are suitable for your printer and they should be an authenticated 123 HP 4512 ink cartridge.
Solution 1 : Place the cartridge properly
- Tap on the power button to power up your HP Envy 4512 printer. Lift the ink cartridge access door. The carriage moves tot he access area.
- Ascertain that the color icon on each cartridge label matches with the color icon on the carriage slot.
- In case the cartridge does not fix properly, take off the cartridge from the carriage. Carefully bend the tab away from the cartridge, and then reload the cartridge into the carriage.
- Lift and then lower the printhead latch to ensure that it is all the way down.
- Shut the cartridge access door. If the steps resolved the issue, you can stop HP Envy 4512 troubleshooting.
Solution 2 : Take off, inspect and reinsert the cartridges
- Switch on your 123 HP Envy 4512 printer. Do not proceed until the printer in is in the stable state and noiseless before you start.
- Raise the cartridge access door. The carriage might move to the access area.
- Remove the ink cartridge from its slot. Remove the orange pull tab if it still attached.
- Position the ink cartridges into its respective slot. Close the cartridge access door.
Solution 3 : Procedure to clean the cartridge contacts
- Check if your HP Envy 4512 printer is on. Unplug the power cord from the posterior side of the printer.
- Release the cartridge from its slot. Check the level of ink and debris.
- Clean the contacts with a wet cloth until no debris remains on them.
- Place the electrical contacts in the cartridge slot. Reinsert the cartridges into its slot.
- Install another cartridge and shut its access door. Re-link the power cord to the printer’s rear.
Solution 4 : Reboot your printer
- Tap on the power button to power on your 123.hp.com/setup 4512 printer.
- Un-link the power cord from the rear of the printer and from the wall outlet.
- After 15 seconds, connect the power cord back into the wall outlet and to the rear of the printer.
- In case the printer does not power on automatically, you need to press the power button to switch on.
Solution 5 : Replace the defective ink cartridge with the new cartridge
- Verify the ink cartridge warranty status, and then replace the HP Envy 4512 Ink cartridges.
- Ascertain that your printer is powered on. Raise the ink cartridge access door.
- Remove the cartridge from the slot. Take off the new cartridge from the plastic wrap.
- Slide the cartridge into its slot with the nozzle and contacts facing downward.
- Fix the cartridges into its respective slot. Repeat these steps to replace other ink cartridges, if required.Shut the ink cartridge access door.
Solution 6 : Replace the faulty ink cartridge with the new ink cartridge
- Power up your printer. Make certain that the plain paper is placed in the paper tray.
- Open the cartridge access door. Remove the existing faulty ink cartridges from its slot.
- Take off the new ink cartridge from its package.
- Ensure that you touch only the black plastic on the cartridge.
- Place the new ink cartridge into the empty slot. Ensure that it fixes into the correct place.
- Shut the HP Envy 4512 Ink cartridge access door. Now you can start printing your item.