Quick Solutions for How to Setup HP Deskjet 5820
The HP Deskjet 5820 printer can be set up using the USB cable on Windows and Mac systems. First, prepare the printer for installation by following How to Setup HP Deskjet 5820. Take the printer out of the package. Remove the tapes from the interior and exterior parts of the printer. Load the input tray with enough blank papers. Set the preferences on the HP printer’s control panel. Below are the steps to set up the printer using a USB cable.
HP Deskjet 5820 Windows Setup
- Get the following requirements: HP Deskjet 5820 setup printer in a ready state, a USB cable not less than 3m in length, and a USB port on the computer and the printer as well.
- Discard the printer USB cable from the computer. Don’t connect the cable until prompted during the installation.
- In the Windows, search for Devices and then click Devices and Printers on the 123.hp.com/setup 5820 printer’s control panel.
- Right-click on the icon of your printer model and then tap Remove Device.
- Close the window of Devices and Printers and continue with the next step.
- Navigate to our website, enter your printer model, and then follow the on-screen prompts to download the driver while following How to Setup HP Deskjet 5820.
- When the Driver or HP Easy Start downloads, follow the on-screen prompts to open the download file for the HP Deskjet 5820 setup.
- If prompted to opt for a connection type, choose USB or wireless.
- If the download fails, follow the preceding steps.
- When the Let’s identify your product to get started page displays, select Printer, enter your printer model number, and then click Submit.
- If you want to change the OS, click Change, choose your version, and tap change.
- Below the Driver heading, click the Download option for the full-feature software package.
- Select Basic Driver for other driver options, if needed.
- While prompted by the installer to select the printer connection option, click USB to continue the setup.
How to Setup HP Deskjet 5820 HP Deskjet 5820 Mac
- Check whether your HP Deskjet 5820 setup printer is in a ready state.
- Get the USB cable not less than 3 m in length.
- A USB port should be available on the computer and the printer as well.
- Discard the USB cable of the printer from the computer.
- Don’t connect back the USB cable until prompted during the installation setup.
- Go to our website, enter the printer model, and then click the Begin option. The HP Easy Start software will download.
- When the download fails, continue with the preceding steps.
- Navigate to our website again and type your printer model. Below the heading Driver-Product Installation Software, click Download next to HP Easy Start.
- When prompted by the installer to choose a connection type, select USB.
- On the Install screen, ensure HP Scan or HP Easy Scan is selected if your printer has the scanner to enable full scan functionality.
- If prompted to add the printer to the printer queue, select the name of your printer.
- Click the Use or Print Using menu, choose the name of your printer from the pop-up menu, and then click Add.
- Return to the HP Installer to complete the installation.
- Try printing a test page to find whether the installation is successful using How to Setup HP Deskjet 5820.