Quick Solutions for HP Deskjet 3720 Troubleshooting
Hp Deskjet 3720 Troubleshooting is a process of carrying out a set of instructions to fix printer issues. The common issues encountered by the printer are paper jam, printer offline errors, cartridge errors, etc. Several reasons cause problems for the printer.
HP Deskjet 3720 Printing blank pages
- Ensure that the cartridges are seated correctly by opening the cartridge access door.
- The carriage moves to the cartridge access area.
- Wait till the carriage is idle and silent before you continue.
- Ensure that each cartridge is installed in the correct slot.
- Match the color of the cartridge with the slot that has the same color.
- Ensure that each cartridge is firmly accommodated in place in its slot.
- Run the finger along the top of the cartridges to feel for any cartridge that may be protruding.
- If so, press down firmly until each cartridge is in its place. Close the access door.
HP Deskjet 3720 not connecting to wifi
- Check if the printer is turned on to fix HP Deskjet 3720 not connecting to wifi. On the control panel, tap the Cancel button.
- Locate the Wireless button on the printer control panel. Tap and hold it for at least 3 seconds.
- Find the WPS button on the router to solve HP Deskjet 3720 not connecting to wifi. Tap and hold for about 3 to 5 seconds.
- Wait until the WPS connection starts on the router.
- Now touch the Wireless button quickly to let the printer search for WPS connection.
- Wait until the printer gets connected to the network to fix HP Deskjet 3720 Troubleshooting.
- Check if the blue light near the Wireless button is lit and stable while fixing HP Deskjet 3720 not connecting to wifi.
HP Deskjet 3720 not printing in color
- Check for the ink levels in the cartridge and replace them if they are low on ink.
- Use genuine ink cartridges as third-party cartridges in the printer cause print quality issues.
- Clean the cartridges by first placing some plain paper into the input tray.
- Search Windows for the printer model name and choose the printer name from the list of results.
- When HP Printer Assistant opens, choose Maintain your Printer to solve HP Deskjet 3720 Troubleshooting.
- The printer toolbox opens. On the Devices Services tab, select Clean Cartridges.
- When the Print Quality Diagnostic page prints, check if the print quality is acceptable.
HP Deskjet 3720 Troubleshooting – won’t scan
- Tap the Power button to switch on the printer.
- With the printer switched on, disconnect the power cord from the printer.
- Remove the power cord from the power source and wait for 30 seconds.
- Reconnect the cord directly to the wall outlet to make sure that the printer is getting enough power.
- Again connect the power cord to the rear of the printer and switch it on.
- Run the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool on Windows by downloading and installing the tool.
- Select Start on the Welcome screen, choose the printer name, and select Next to continue to the Finding and Fixing Problems screen.
- Click Fix Scanning and resolve the issue.
HP Deskjet 3720 paper jam error
- Clear the papers from the input tray and the output tray to fix HP Deskjet 3720 paper jam error.
- Remove the jammed paper from the ink cartridge access area by first opening the ink cartridge access door.
- Wait until the carriage is silent before you proceed to fix HP Deskjet 3720 paper jam error.
- With the printer switched on, remove the power cord and other cables from the rear of the 123.hp.com/dj3720 printer.
- Check for any paper in the ink cartridge access area and remove the objects if you find any.
- To avoid tearing paper, pull the paper with both hands. Push the carriage to the right and remove the papers blocking the carriage path.
- Close the door. Reconnect the power cord and switch on the printer while solving HP Deskjet 3720 paper jam error.
HP deskjet 3720 error codes
- Ensure that the ink cartridges are compatible.
- Make sure that the cartridges are correctly inserted.
- Clean the electrical contacts to remove the dirt. Use a clean, dry foam rubber swabs or a clean, lint-free cloth to clean the ink cartridges.
- Get boiled or distilled water to clean as the tap water can damage the cartridge.
- Remove and insert the ink cartridges again.
- Reset the printer by restarting it to fix HP Deskjet 3720 Troubleshooting.
- Install a new ink cartridge if you have a defective cartridge or printhead.
- Align the ink cartridges for the best print quality. So, choose the Operating System to align the cartridges.
How to factory reset hp Deskjet 3720
- Switch off the printer.
- Disconnect the power cable from the printer for 30 seconds.
- Connect the power cable again.
- Switch on the product while you tap and hold the Resume button for 10-20 seconds.
- The attention light turns on.
- Release the Resume button.
- The Attention & Ready lights become active while the printer restores factory defaults to avoid HP Deskjet 3720 troubleshooting.