HP Deskjet 1010 Setup
The HP Deskjet 1010 printer can be set up both on the Windows and Mac systems. It supports only USB connection and should be configured for the same on your computer. Before proceeding with the connection process, make sure you have made the following arrangements. Load the HP Deskjet 1010 printer with sufficient paper. Install the ink cartridges into their slot. Connect the power cable to the rear of the HP Deskjet 1010 Setup and the power source.
How to Setup HP Deskjet 1010 Printer on Windows
- Get a USB cable not less than 3m in length.
- Verify whether the HP Deskjet 1010 printer is turned on, and the computer has a USB port.
- In case if you have connected the USB cable to the computer before installing the HP Driver, proceed with the following steps.
- On the Windows OS, search for Devices and then click the Devices and Printers control panel option.
- Give a right-click on the icon of your printer model and then click the Remove device option. If multiple icons exist for the same printer, remove them all. Close the Device and Printers dialog box to proceed with the next step.
- Go to our website, enter the printer model, and then follow the on-screen instructions to download the driver. While prompted to choose a connection type, select USB.
- If the download fails, follow the proceeding steps. Navigate to our website and type your printer model number.
- On the Let’s identify your product to get started page, click Printer, type your 123.hp.com/dj1010 printer, and then click the Submit option.
- In case you want to change the operating system version, tap Change, choose your version, and then select Change.
- Below the Driver heading, click Download for full software packages, or other driver options click Basic Drivers.
- While prompted by the installer to opt for a connection type, choose USB to complete the setup process.
- The Windows system will now be connected to the printer through USB.
How to Setup HP Deskjet 1010 Printer on Mac
- Check whether the printer is turned on. Get a USB cable not less than 3 in length.
- Make sure your Mac system features a USB port.
- Open the manufacturer website. Type the Printer Model number and then click the Begin option.
- The HP Easy Start downloads. Follow the on-screen instructions.
- If the HP Easy Start Download fails, follow the proceeding steps to set up the printer on the Mac system.
- Go to the Driver- Product Installation Software section.
- Click Download next to HP Easy Start and then open the file.
- When prompted by the installer to choose a connection type, select USB.
- On the installer screen, check if the HP Easy Scan or HP Scan is selected.
- When prompted to add the printer to the printer queue, select the name of your printer.
- Click the Print using or Use option, choose the name of your printer in the drop-down menu and click Add.
- Go back to the HP Installer screen to complete the installation.