Skip to content
HP Oj5740 Printer Troubleshooting
Call Us : 1 866 309 6188
123.hp.com/oj5740 Paper Jam Error
- Switch off the Officejet 5740 printer.Detach the power cable from the printer’s rear and pause for at least 60 seconds.
- Now,Plug in the power cable from the printer’s rear. Power on the HP Officejet 5740 printer. Attempt to print a Printer Status Report.
- Drag the paper tray extender towards you,eliminate the jammed paper from the output tray. Now,insert the output tray back into its position.
- Hold the handles of the input tray and then eradicate the torn pieces of papers from the input tray to clear the paper jam issue.
- Unlock the ink cartridge access door,wait until the carriage is inactive. Unplug the power cable from the printer’s rear.
- Be cautious while eliminating the jammed paper from the interior of the paper.Eliminate the paper with both hands to prevent tearing.
- Find the paper path cover.Clasp the handles and then elevate it. Locate whether there are any jammed paper in it,if any remove it.
- Seal the ink cartridge access door. Plug in the power cable back to the printer’s rear and then connect the power cable to the power socket.
- Make use of a clean and moisten cloth to clean the paper feed rollers which should be located in the interior of the printer.
- Wipe the ADF rollers and the separator pad to eliminate the dust and other debris which may be one of the reasons for the paper jam issue.
- In case any false paper jam HP Oj5740 Printer Troubleshooting issue occurs, reconfigure the printer and then try to print a Printer Status Report.
123 HP Officejet 5740 Printer Prints Blank Pages
- Upgrade the antivirus software installed on your system. After updating the software,scan and remove all the virus in the system.
- Switch on the printer. Take out the USB cable from it, connected if any.
- From the downloads page, select Firmware and then click the Download option. Choose Download only to manually access or run the driver file.
- In case the printer is linked to the system with a USB cable,unplug the cable from the printer and then try to Uninstall a program.
- Look Windows for Uninstall a program,and then select the Uninstall a program control panel settings in the list of available results.
- Select the printer’s name in the list of uninstalled programs and then select Uninstall or Yes to ratify the uninstall.
- Trail the on-screen instructions to accomplish the software removal process. After uninstallation,reboot the system.
- Switch on the 123.hp.com/oj5740 printer.In case the printer is linked to the computer via a USB cable,disconnect it.
- Visit our website and type the printer model and then trail the on-screen instructions to move to the downloads page.
- Select Download adjacent to the full feature driver or select Basic drivers for other options.
- In Windows,look for devices and select the Devices and Printers option in the list of available results.
- Right-click on the Printer’s name in the list of installed devices and then select Printer Properties.
- Choose the Advanced tab and choose the Print Directly to the Printer option. Select Apply and then select OK.
HP Officejet 5740 Printer Does not Maintain Wireless Connection
- Reboot the system,printer and router to restore the connectivity 123 HP OJ5740 Printer Troubleshooting issues. Switch off the router by pressing the power button.
- End all the running programs running on the system and then restart the system.Power on the printer and system.
- For Windows operating system,Download and run HP Print and Scan Doctor to diagnose and rectify the issues automatically.
- Verify the status of the light adjacent to the Wireless icon on the printer’s control panel.
- The wireless light is solid, the HP Officejet 5740 printer is connected to the Wi-Fi. The Wireless light is off,turn on the wireless icon to link the printer to Wi-Fi.
- In case the wireless light is blinking,try to reconnect the printer to the network to make the wireless light stable.
- Assess the Wireless Network Test Page to diagnose the wireless network problems.
- On the test page,make sure that the network name is correct,Wireless status is ON& connected and have good signal strength.
- Modify the name of the wireless network may also help you to sort out the issue.
- In case you have many additional routers in the surrounding,try to turn off the routers.
- In case the printer is far from the router,try to place the routers and printers nearer to each other.
- Utilize the Network Configuration Page to examine whether the printer IP address to the router IP address. In case the there is any mismatch in the IP address,you will not able to connect the printer to the wireless network.
- Try to update the firmware of the printer which can also help you to solve the HP Oj5740 Printer Troubleshooting issue.
123 HP 5740 Printer not Printing issue
- Examine the quality and paper type for the print job.While inserting,try to use appropriate paper type for the print job.
- Verify the print settings to ensure that they are appropriate for the print job. Perform the steps below for Windows and Mac OS.
- For Windows,Select the File and then Tap on the Print option. On the Print Window,choose the Properties dialog box.
- On the Properties Window,choose the paper type,select the Print Quality,select the correct paper size and then select the grayscale option.
- After choosing all these print settings,select OK to apply the settings and then select Print.
- For Mac,Select the File and then select the Print option. On the Print Window,choose the Paper Type/Quality.
- Based on the print job,you can choose the paper type and Quality. Select Save to save your settings.
- In case the ink cartridge shows very low ink level,the printer does not print.So,replace the ink cartridge.
- To replace the cartridge,turn on the 123.hp.com/oj5740 printer.Unlock the ink cartridge access door.Push the tab inwards to release the cartridge from its slot.
- Shove the cartridge with the nozzle and the contacts facing down. And then seat the cartridges to their respective slots and seal the ink cartridge access door.
- Try to print a Print Quality Diagnostic Report to examine the defective cartridge. The error in the test page helps you to identify and rectify the HP Oj5740 Printer Troubleshooting issue.