How to Setup HP Officejet Pro 6978
How to setup HP officejet pro 6978 can be performed by going with the procedure given in the user manual. The setup process is a simple procedure. You need to begin the process by unboxing the printer from the package, removing the packing materials, and placing it on a flat surface. Use the power cable that comes in the package and connect it between your printer and computer. Unwrap the ink cartridge from its package, open the cartridge access door, and insert the carriage into the slot.
- Unbox the printer and unwrap the packing materials covering it and its components.
- Peel off the blue tapes and clear protective plastic around the printer.
- Slide out the tray and discard any packing materials present inside.
- Lift the scanner lid and then remove the Styrofoam sheet present on the platen.
- Attach the power cord to the outlet and the printer. Power on the printer by gently pressing the power button.
- Now insert the cartridges into their respective slot and load a stack of white paper into the input tray and follow the instructions for How to setup HP Officejet pro 6978.
- The printer prompts you to print an alignment page, perform the action. Place the alignment page on the scanner platen and press Scan
- On your computer, open a web browser. Download a compatible driver from this site
- Once downloaded, run the setup file in the Downloads folder. Setup HP Easy start for Windows and your printer setup is done.
How to Setup HP Officejet Pro 6978 Windows
Just go with the steps given below to complete the HP Officejet pro 6978 setup for Windows.
How to Setup HP Officejet Pro 6978 Mac
Performing the HP officejet pro 6978 setup process is simple, go with the steps given below.
- Unbox the printer, keep it on a flat surface which is free of moisture, dust or debris.
- Now associate the printer with a power source using the power cord given in the printer box.
- Download a Mac compatible driver for your printer from this site. Install the driver in the Downloads location of your Mac computer.
- Once the installation is done, ascertain that your printer is powered on.
- Also, make sure that the Mac computer is linked to the same wireless network which you want to connect your printer for HP Officejet pro 6978 setup.
- If your printer was previously connected to a different network, it will prompt you to restore the printer’s original network settings. Just tap Yes on the control panel of the printer.
- Go to the printer’s control panel, select Settings, and choose Wi-Fi. Select your desired network. Open HP easy start on your computer choose your desired connection status and then click Continue. Select Add Device to add the printer to the Printers and Scanners queue
- Now check the connection status of your printer and computer using the application. Select a document from your computer and then click Print after completing How to setup HP officejet pro 6978.