HP Officejet Pro 6978 Wireless Setup
How to Setup HP Officejet Pro 6978 Wireless
Follow the instructions for how to setup Hp Officejet pro 6978 wireless. This lets you print documents from smartphones, tablets, and any wireless enabled device. There are two methods to perform the wireless setup in HP printers. One is via the conventional method, and the other is via Wireless direct. Before you commence the setup process, you need the Network name, Password, and a computer linked a wireless network and a router with active internet access.
- Prepare for installation by obtaining the network name and password of the device.
- Make sure your printer & computer are turned on and linked to the same wireless network.
- Ascertain to detach any USB or Ethernet cables connected to your printer.
- Go to the home screen of the printer’s control panel, open the dashboard by swiping up, and tap the Wireless icon.
- Touch Setup -> Wireless Settings -> Wireless Setup Wizard. Select the name of your network from the list of networks and then tap OK then Key in the WEP or WPA key and then tap Done..
- If your network name is not present in the list, you need to select Enter New Network name.
- And proceed with the instructions accordingly by, following the steps for how to setup HP Officejet pro 6978 wireless,
How to Setup HP Officejet Pro 6978 Wireless Windows
Go with the steps given below to perform the HP officejet pro 6978 wireless setup on Windows.
How to Setup HP Officejet Pro 6978 Wireless Mac
Perform the HP officejet pro 6978 Wireless setup on your Mac by going with the steps given here.
- Go to the HP Officejet pro 6978 printer’s control panel and tap the Wireless icon. Now tap the Setup icon -> Wireless setup wizard.
- Select the name of your network from the list of available networks and then tap OK.
- If the list does not have a network name, select Enter New Network Name and proceed with the steps.
- If your printer is associated with the computer via a USB cable, disconnect it. Download and install the printer driver on your Mac computer.
- During installation, you will receive a prompt to add the printer, now select Add Printer.
- Pick the name of your printer in the Printers list. Under the Use menu, choose the name of your printer from the pop-up menu and then select Add.
- Proceed with the on-screen instructions to conclude the setup.
How to find HP Officejet Pro 6978 wps pin
In most cases, the WPS pin gets displayed on the printer’s control panel. If not, just perform the steps below to note the WPS pin.
- If the WPS PIN window on your computer is found to be open, you just have to click Cancel in the Enter the WPS PIN for your 123.hp.com/ojpro6978 Printer window.
- Select Add a printer or scanner and wait until Windows detects available printers on your network.
- Select the name of your printer which is on the list. Select Show Wi-Di Direct printers if the printer is not on the list.
- Make sure the printer has paper loaded and push the Power button to turn on the printer. Go back to your computer and select Add a device.
- If a window opens prompting to enter the WPS PIN, you need to return to the printer’s display panel, and an 8 digit number will be displayed.
- Just enter this pin to complete the setup.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 wireless direct printing
HP officejet pro 6978 wireless direct printing or Wi-Fi direct printing are available in most wireless printers released. Wi-Fi direct is a highly useful feature that lets you perform printing flawlessly. Just go with the steps given below.
- Check if the printer is turned on, cartridges are installed, and plain paper is loaded in the main tray.
- On your computer, open the Printers list under Device settings.
- Choose Devices from the Charms Menu.
- Select Add a printer or scanner -> Show Wi-Fi direct printers if the option gets displayed.
- Look for the printer HP Officejet Pro 6978 wireless direct printing in its name, ascertain that the printer is turned on and in a ready state and then choose Add Device on your computer.
- Enter the WPS Pin and then select Next to complete the setup.
- Select the document or photo to print, select File and then click Print for HP Officejet Pro 6978 wireless direct printing.
- Choose your printer which is on the list and then select Print by completing the instructions for how to setup HP officejet pro 6978 wireless.