Complete Steps for How to Setup HP Officejet 5746 Wireless
The method of establishing the connection between the Officejet 5746 printer and computer or laptop is referred to as HP Officejet 5746 wireless setup. The wireless connection does not require any physical cords, cables, or wires to be physically attached to the Officejet 5746 printer. Follow the guidelines for how to setup HP officejet 5746 wireless that are mentioned on this web page for setting up the wireless connection.
HP Officejet 5746 Wireless Setup Windows
- Gather the name of your Wi-Fi network and its security passcode.
- Make sure you buy a router that supports the WPS mode for connectivity.
- Now proceed with the procedures for how to setup HP Officejet 5746 wireless given below.
- Confirm that your Windows Personal Computer is linked to the wireless network.
- Keep your HP Officejet 5746 Wireless Setup printer and the Windows computer lie within the range of the network router.
- Unplug the USB cable from the Officejet 5746 printer’s rear.
- Press the Wireless icon on the printer’s control panel.
- Select Settings and click the Pushbutton mode, and then comply with the on-screen steps.
- Now navigate to your wireless router and tap the WPS button on it.
- Wait for at least three minutes and once the Officejet 5746 printer connects to the network, carry out a print work.
How to Setup HP Officejet 5746 Wireless Mac
- Ensure your Mac computer is powered On and is bridged to the Wi-Fi network.
- Utilize the same router for the Officejet 5746 printer.
- Verify if there are enough papers into the input tray and the cartridges are inserted into the device.
- Hit the Driver Download option that is given on this page.
- Wait for the launch process to end and then hit the Finish button.
- Check if the printer is powered On for HP Officejet 5746 wireless setup.
- Reset the network settings by tapping the Network and Cancel buttons.
- On your computer, go back to the HP Installation dialog box, and tap Continue, and then proceed with the on-screen instructions
- Now click the Yes button while following how to setup HP Officejet 5746 wireless.
- End the Auto Wireless Connection method by choosing the OK option.
How to connect HP Officejet 5746 to wi-fi
- Before setting up your Officejet 5746 printer on the Wi-Fi network, gather your SSID name and the password.
- Your Windows or Mac computer must be linked to the same network by doing how to setup HP Officejet 5746 wireless to connect to wi-fi.
- Confirm that your Internet connectivity is stable and active.
- Ensure that there is no Ethernet or USB cord connected during HP Officejet 5746 wireless setup.
- On the touch display of your printer, choose the Wireless button and touch the Settings icon.
- The Wireless Summary dialog box will open on the printer’s front panel.
- Click Wireless Settings and then tap Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Carry out the set of instructions that appear on-screen and then install the Officejet 5746 printer driver from this page.
HP Officejet 5746 wireless direct printing
- Load enough sheets of white paper into the input tray.
- On the Device Settings dialog box, open the list of printers for HP Officejet 5746 wireless direct printing.
- Windows: 8.1: Choose the Devices button on the Charms dialog box and select Add a Printer or Scanner.
- Windows 10: Select Start -> Settings -> Devices -> Printers & Scanners.
- Click your 123.hp.com/oj5746 printer with DIRECT mentioned in its folder name.
- Hit the Add Device button and the WPS PIN window will open on your desktop during HP Officejet 5746 wireless setup.
- Verify if the WPS PIN displays on the printer’s touch display, else it will be available on the printed page during HP Officejet 5746 wireless direct printing.
- You must type the WPS PIN within ninety seconds on your computer by doing how to setup HP Officejet 5746 wireless and then tap Next for ending the Wi-Fi Direct setup.