How to replace Ink Cartridge in HP Officejet 5746
The replacement of ink cartridges must be carried out when the ink levels inside are below the estimated quantity. While replacing the cartridges, purchase ones that are compatible and genuine with the Officejet 5746 printer. Follow the instructions that are given on this page on how to replace Ink Cartridge in HP Officejet 5746.
How to change ink in HP Officejet 5746
- Before you start with the replacement process, keep enough papers into the main input tray.
- Turn On the HP Officejet 5746 printer to follow How to change Ink in HP Officejet 5746 .
- Place two fingers on the handles that are present near the cartridge access door and then raise it.
- Press slightly on the old ink cartridge to remove it from the slot.
- Pull the cartridge in the forward direction and then set it aside for recycling.
- Now get the new ink cartridge from the authorized store and discard the tape on it by pulling the orange tab while following How to replace Ink Cartridge in HP Officejet 5746.
- Push the new cartridge at a slight upward angle into the empty slot and gently move until it gets seated firmly.
- Repeat the above instructions for installing the other cartridges and then lower the access door by doing How to change ink in HP Officejet 5746
- Now tap OK on the printer’s control panel, and after the alignment is done, a report gets printed.
HP Officejet 5746 ink cartridge problems
- Collect a soft cloth and distilled water.
- Long press the Power button to switch On the 123.hp.com/oj5746 printer.
- Now raise the ink cartridge access door on the Hewlett Packard printer to fix HP Officejet 5746 ink cartridge problems.
- The Door Open message will appear on the touch panel of your device.
- If the Officejet 5746 setup printer is linked to the PC using a USB cord, unplug the same.
- Handle the cartridge by its sides.
- Inspect the contacts on the cartridge for any debris or ink that is buildup to proceed How to replace Ink Cartridge in HP Officejet 5746.
- Moisten the cotton swab or cloth using the distilled water and wipe only the copper-colored contacts of the cartridge to solve HP Officejet 5746 ink cartridge problems.
- Let your cartridge to dry for about fifteen minutes. Now clean the electrical contacts in the slots that are present inside the Officejet 5746 printer and allow it to dry for twelve minutes.
- Now reinstall the cartridge into the slot and lower the access door.
- Reconnect all the cords that were removed from the Officejet 5746 printer and then check if the ink cartridge error has been rectified then follow How to replace Ink Cartridge in HP Officejet 5746.