Prompt HP Envy 5663 Troubleshooting Steps
If an error message appears on the control panel of the printer saying that the 123 HP Envy 5663 printer is offline, it means that the printer is unable to establish a communication port with the computer. All print jobs that you attempt during this period will be unsuccessful. Try the solutions listed below and see if your HP Envy 5663 Troubleshooting printer issues comes back online.
HP Envy 5663 Troubleshooting – Offline Error
- Check the connectivity of the printer using the free tool HP Print and Scan Doctor. Open HP Print and Scan Doctor on your Windows system and choose the name of your printer in the window displayed.
- If you receive a message saying the chosen product is not connected, check your connection type and see if the printer comes online.
- Click on Fix Printing and see if the printer is back online by printing a test page. If the test page does not print, the printer is still offline. Try the next step.
- Open Devices and Printers on your system and check if your printer has been set as the default printer.
- Right click on the name of your 123.hp.com/envy5663 printer and click on See What’s printing. Under Printer, check if Pause Printing and Use Printer Offline have been selected. Deselect them.
- Try resetting the printer and also check the status of the connection if you use a network connected printer.
- Make sure that the printer has been connected to the correct port. Open Devices and Printers and under Ports, make sure USB or DOT4 has been selected for HP Envy 5663 Troubleshooting.
- The port selected has to match the port that the printer has been connected to.
- Keep the printer firmware updated and try to establish a manual connection fro your network connected printer.
- You can also try adding a second printer to your device or try adding your printer to the list using the HP Printer Assistant.
Checking HP Envy 5663 ink or toner levels
Checking toner or ink levels on your 123.hp.com printer helps determine if you will need replacement cartridges in the near future. Please note that any ink level warning displayed on your printer is for planning purposes only. You need not replace a cartridge right after seeing the error message.
How to check the ink level estimate on your printer
- For HP Envy 5663 Troubleshooting, Check for a cartridge or ink drop icon on the control panel of the printer. Most printers have the option to check for ink level estimates from the control panel itself.
- If the icon is available, click on it to go to the HP Envy 5663 ink cartridges menu from where you can see the ink cartridge estimate.
- If the option to check from the control panel has not been provided for your HP Envy 5663 printer, you can check the ink level estimate from the system or computer you are using.
- Follow the instructions listed below to check the ink level estimate on your Windows or Mac system.
Getting the ink level estimate on your Windows system
- If your HP printer has been connected to a Windows system, use the instructions below to get the ink level estimate.
- Switch ON the printer and make sure it is connected to the printer. Look for HP in the search bar and see if HP Solution Center displays. You will be able to check the ink levels on your printer using this option.
- If the ink level is of acceptable quality, you can stop HP Envy 5663 Troubleshooting. The problem is not with your cartridge.
Getting the ink level estimate on your Mac system
- Switch ON the printer and make sure it has been connected to the Mac system.
- Click on the Apple icon from the menu bar and then click on System Preferences.
- Click on Print and Scan or Printers and Scanners or Print and Fax.
- Choose the name of your printer from the list of printers displayed and click on Options and Supplies.
- Now click the Supply Levels option for HP Envy 5663 Troubleshooting the ink cartridges.
- You will receive an estimate of the ink and toner levels on your printer.
HP Envy 5663 Scanner Connection Error
When you attempt to scan, your computer or printer fails to get detected and an error message displays on the printer indicating a lack of communication.
- Make sure the issue is being caused because of a flaw in the printer. Connect the printer to another system and try to scan. If it scans, the HP Envy 5663 Troubleshooting issue is not printer related.
- Reboot all the devices in use and check the settings updated under scan.
- If your printer has been connected to a network, check the signal strength of the network.
- Make sure all connections have been securely plugged in on the printer.
- Check if the router has been set to the 2.4 GHz band. If the printer can function over the 5.0 GHz band, connect it to 5.0 GHz band. If your printer does not support that band, make sure to connect only to the 2.4 GHz band.
- Use the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool to resolve and troubleshoot error states. After the tool has completed its analysis, check the results screen.
- Based on the icon displayed, take the necessary action.
- You can also delete the currently existing version of the printer software and install the latest and most upgraded version for your printer.
- Check and update the Windows Image Acquisition Settings. Disable any firewall software that is running on your system temporarily.
- You can also try scanning with other scan options like Paint or Windows fax and scan or the Windows Scan and Capture app for HP Envy 5663 Troubleshooting.
HP Envy 5663 Printer Black ink not printing
Your 123.hp.com/envy5663 printer will be in proper working order and will be producing prints. But the printed output will be missing a little of color or black ink so HP Envy 5663 Troubleshooting is required.
- Remove the black ink cartridge to see if the printer can work in single cartridge mode.
- Open the cartridge access door and wait for the printer carriage to move to the center and become quiet.
- After the carriage has moves to the center, press on top of the cartridge to remove it.
- If you are able to print, then you can use the cartridge in the single mode.
- Make sure to use only genuine HP ink cartridges on your printer.Check the ink level available on your printer and replace any cartridge that is low on ink.
- Use the ink icon on the control panel to check the ink level. If a cartridge needs replacing, change it. After taking out the old cartridge, unwrap the new cartridge and slide it into the cartridge access area. Ensure you touch only the black plastic region on the cartridge and not the contacts.
- You can also clean the printhead on the printer using the automated tool provided. Go to printer settings, click on Tools and then on Clean printhead.
- You can also try printing an alignment page to detect which cartridge has the issue. If the black ink appears to be of poor quality, replace it. If the tricolored ink appears poor, replace the tricolor cartridge.
- After HP Envy 5663 troubleshooting, Print an alignment page once the faulty cartridges were replaced.