HP OJPro 7740 Troubleshooting
‘Paper jam’ error displays
- Remove jammed paper from the input tray area, ink cartridge access area, duplex area, from the rear of the printer and from the ADF.
- If you have checked and removed jammed paper from each printer area and the error still persists, proceed to the next step.
- Due to the dust accumulated on the paper feed rollers, there is a possibility that it might cause paper jams and paper feed HP OJPro 7740 Troubleshooting issues.
- Clean the rollers from inside the ink cartridge access area, inside the rear of the printer and the ADF.
- If you have cleaned the rollers in each printer area and the error still persists, proceed to the next step.
- Ensure that you reset the printer as it might clear a false paper jam error and then try to print again.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet and then reconnect the power cord back into the wall outlet and the rear of the HP Officejet Pro 7740 printer.
- Switch on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on. Now, try to print. If the error persists, proceed to the next step.
- You can service or replace your HP printer if you completed all the preceding steps but the error still persists.
Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection
- You can primarily try restarting the computer, printer and router to resolve any connectivity error states.
- To diagnose and resolve printing and scanning problems, download HP Print and Scan Doctor and then validate the test results.
- Now, ascertain that you check the status of the light next to the Wireless icon on the printer’s control panel.
- You can validate a Wireless Test Network Test Results page to identify any wireless network problems.
- Several other networks use the same channel or adjacent channels, thus, ascertain that you minimize the wireless channel interference.
- Now, change the wireless network name and then scrutinize and turn off any additional routers that are not being used.
- Remove any objects or obstructions and then move the router and printer closer but no closer than 1.8 m (6 ft).
- Ascertain that you evaluate the printer IP address and then update the printer firmware to resolve the HP OJPro 7740 Troubleshooting issue.
- You can use the Embedded Web Server (EWS) to link your printer to the wireless network using a manual IP address.
HP OJPro 7740 Printer Offline
Printer is Offline (Mac)
- Choose the type of connection, then follow the on-screen instructions to ascertain that the connection is working.
- Now, switch on the printer and temporarily disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- After a while, reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer and try printing again.
- Look for multiple devices in the Printers list and then remove any extra entries other than the default printer.
- Look for the Print option, then tap Print & Fax, Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners in the list of results.
- From the list of printers, delete the printer queue and then add it again to create a new printing session.
- Select your printer model from the Printer list that appears and then click Add to add your printer.
- If all the above HP OJPro 7740 Troubleshooting steps didn’t resolve the issue, try resetting the printing system.
Printer is Offline (Windows)
- Download HP Printer and Scan Doctor to automatically resolve several types of problems that might cause the printer to go offline.
- Change the default print driver to your originally installed driver and ascertain that the printer is not set for offline use.
- Now, turn on the HP Ojpro 7740 printer and temporarily disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- After some time, reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer and try printing again.
- Ascertain that you select the correct port type if the selection does not match the current connection. Make sure that you update the printer firmware as it might resolve the issue and then create a manual connection. After setting a manual IP address, add a printer port to Windows that matches this new IP address.
- Temporarily delete the printer devices and then install the device again using the HP printing software. Try to print a test page.
Printhead Problem error
- Sometimes you may notice error message such as printhead appears to be missing, not detected or incorrectly installed on the control panel.
- Ensure that genuine ink cartridges are in use because incompatible ink cartridges might cause a printhead error message.
- Choose your country/region and follow the on-screen instructions to order new supplies or check cartridge compatibility with your printer.
- Try resetting the printing mechanism as it might resolve the error. Turn on the 123.hp.com/ojp7740 printer, if it is not already on.
- Disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and from the wall outlet. After a while, reconnect the power cord.
- Raise the carriage latch and by grasping the sides of the printhead slightly lift the printhead without fully removing it from the carriage.
- Reseat the printhead to ensure that the printhead and carriage contacts are positioned correctly. Ensure that the carriage latch is down.
- Close the ink cartridge access door and try to print. In order to clear any error messages, repeat the above steps thrice.
- Remove the ink cartridges and check for an error message as it can help to diagnose the printer issue.
- Carefully clean the ink cartridge contacts and replace the ink cartridge, if necessary. Shut the ink cartridge access door.
- Update the printer firmware to resolve printhead problems. If the issue is unresolved, order a new printhead for replacement.
- If replacing the printhead did not resolve the HP OJPro 7740 Troubleshooting error, you can service or replace your HP printer.