HP Officejet Pro 6968 Troubleshooting
123 HP Officejet Pro 6968 Paper Jam Issue
- In most cases,paper jam issue occurs in different areas in the interior of the printer.
- In case you are not able to locate the jammed paper is one area,try to locate the jammed paper in other area.
- Initially,examine whether any jammed paper is located in the input tray. If any,discard them.
- If you are not able to locate,examine whether any jammed paper is found in the HP Officejet pro 6968 ink cartridge access area. If any,discard them.
- Locate any jammed paper in the Automatic Document Feeder(ADF).If there are any jammed paper,discard them.
- While examining the jammed paper,make use of the flashlight.Detach the power cable while accessing the interior of the printer to prevent electric shocks.
- After removing the jammed paper,ensure that the carriage slides freely across the printer.
- If there is any jammed paper that that restricts the carriage movement,you need to eliminate them from the carriage path.
- In case the paper tears while eliminating it from rollers,it can also be the reason for the paper jam HP Officejet Pro 6968 Troubleshooting issue.
- While eliminating the jammed paper,make sure you discard them using both hands to avoid ripping.
- In case any debris or dust is accumulated,wipe the paper feed rollers using a clean and moist cloth.
- Cleanse the rollers from the interior of the ink cartridge access area,duplexing rollers using the clean and moist cloth.
- After performing the above step,the issue persists,reset the printer which helps you to sort out the false paper jam issue.
- In case the issue persists,call our toll-free 1-866-309-6188 to sort out the paper jam issue.
123.hp.com/ojpro6968 – Fixing Print Quality issue
- Make use of standard ink cartridge for the printer and ensure that the cartridge is compatible with the printer.
- In case there are any smears of ink on the back of the printouts,using the automated tool to solve the HP Officejet Pro 6968 Troubleshooting issue.
- Utilize the automated tool to cleanse ink smears from the back of the printouts.
- Insert plain paper in the input tray. Navigate to the Dashboard on the printer’s control panel and then tap on the Setup icon.
- Tap Printer Maintenance and then tap on Clean Smear icon. Halt for a minute until the page is out of the printer.
- While feeding the paper into the input tray,ensure that the correct paper is used for the print job.
- Choose the version of the operating system and then examine the print settings to make certain they are proper for the print job.
- Examine the print settings for the print job in Windows and Mac operating system.
- Verify the HP 6968 ink levels to examine whether you need to substitute with the new ink cartridge.
- Tap on the ink level indicator icon on the control panel of the printer to display the estimated ink level.
- In case you have very low ink level ,you need to replace the ink cartridges for the printer.
- Ensure that the ink cartridges are inserted properly into the respective slots.
- After inserting,make an attempt to print a Print Quality Diagnostic Page from the control panel of the printer.
- In case the HP Officejet Pro 6968 printhead is clogged,wipe the printhead using a clean and damp cloth to retain print quality.
- In case there is an issue is printhead alignment issue occurs, align the printhead to clear the issue.
HP Ojpro6968 Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection
- Reboot the system,printer and router which helps you to solve the connectivity HP Officejet pro 6968 printer issue.
- In case the issue continues,download and run HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows operating system.
- Once you have downloaded the tool,select start on the welcome screen.In case the printer’s name is not enlisted,ensure that the printer is in on state.
- Ascertain that the printer is linked to the system,select My Product is not listed and then select Retry.
- Choose the name of the printer and then select the Next option.In case any connectivity issue is identified,choose a method to link the printer.
- Trail the guidelines displayed on the screen and then choose the Retry option.Select Fix Printing.
- Examine the test results to solve the HP Officejet Pro 6968 Troubleshooting issue. In case the connectivity issue persists,move to the next step. On the control panel of the printer,examine the wireless icon.In case the wireless light is in off state,turn on the Wireless icon by touching the button.
- In case the wireless light blinks,make an attempt to link the printer to the network and then place the printer and system close to each other.
- Try to print a Wireless Network Test Results page to find the HP Ojpro 6968 wireless network issues.
- In case the name of the network is not similar,the printer is linked to the wrong network and relink it.
- In case the wireless icon is in off state,enable the wireless feature and then link the printer to the wireless network.
- In case the connection status is failed displays,connect the printer over the wireless network and then try to print the report.
- In case the signal strength is poor,place the printer and router close to each other to attain maximum signal strength.
- Modify the name of the wireless network as multiple routers might have the same network name.
- Check for regular firmware updates. Update the HP Officejet Pro 6968 printer firmware regularly,if available.
123 HP Officejet Pro 6968 Printer Offline
- Make use of HP Print and Scan Doctor to diagnose and rectify the printer related issues.
- Download and Install the tool by examining the Internet browser’s download capabilities.
- In case the default printer driver is altered to the different printer driver,modify the default printer driver to the installed driver.
- To retain the lost connection to the system,configure the Officejet Pro 6968 printer.
- In case you are connecting through the Wireless network connection,ascertain that the Wireless signal is switched on. In case you are connecting the printer over the Wired network,ascertain that the cable is linked to the printer’s Ethernet port.
- In case the driver is utilizing a wrong communication port,the printer displays the “printer offline message”. Also, update the printer’s firmware whenever prompted.
- Try to reset the 123.hp.com/ojp6968 printer which helps you to retain the stored values in the printer’s firmware.
- In case there are multiple devices in the list of the available device,try to eradicate all the printers that are not in use from the list.
- Eliminate the print queue from the list of available devices and then include it again.This generates a new printing session.
- In case you are not able to resolve the issue,make an attempt to re-customize the printing system.
- Never connect the printer to a guest or host network which has additional security features which prevent the printer from communicating.
- Make an attempt to link the printer using a different system,to examine whether there is an HP Officejet Pro 6968 Troubleshooting issue with the system.