HP Officejet Pro 6960 Ink cartridge
After placing the ink cartridge on your printer, you may find some of the warning messages displayed on the control panel of your printer. Use the steps which are given below to resolve an HP Officejet Pro 6960 Ink cartridge issue.
Check whether the cartridges are suitable for the printer.
Step 1 : Remove and then re-insert the ink cartridges
- Power on the HP officejet Pro 6960 printer. Open the ink cartridge access door. Pause until the carriage is stable and noiseless before you commence.
- Release the cartridge from its slot by pressing down and then take off the cartridge its slot.
- Unwrap any protective tape that still might be on the nozzles.
- Place the cartridge into its slot. Ensure that the cartridges are inserted into the proper slot.
- Reiterate the procedures to replace the other ink cartridge, if required.
Step 2 : Reboot the printer
- Tap on the power button to power on your printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the posterior side of the printer.
- Disconnect the power cord from the wall outlet. Pause for at least 15 seconds.
- Make sure that you plug the power cord into the wall outlet.
- Re-plug the power cord to the rear of your HP Officejet Pro 6960 printer.
- In case the printer does not power on by itself, press the power button of your printer to turn it on.
Step 3 : Procedures to clean the cartridge contacts
- Check if your printer is powered on. If not, tap on the power button to turn it on.
- Open the ink cartridge access door. The carriage aligns to the center of the printer. Halt until the carriage is stable and noiseless before you start.
- Unplug the power cord from the rear of your printer.
- Release the cartridge from its slot by pressing down and then remove it from its slot.
- Check whether there is any dust on the contacts of the ink cartridges.
- If it has any debris, clean the contacts with the cloth.
- Make certain that you clean only the copper colored contacts, and then make the cartridge to dry for at least 10 minutes.
- Once it is dried, position the ink cartridge into its slot. Ensure that the cartridge is placed in the correct slot.
- Follow the steps which are given above to clean and re-insert the other cartridges, if essential.
- Shut the HP Officejet Pro 6960 Ink cartridge access door. If the issue still continues, go to the next step.
Step 4 : Replace the existing cartridge with the new ink cartridge
- If the printer is not already powered on, tap on the printer’s power button to turn on.
- Position the plain white paper into the input tray. Open the ink cartridge access door.
- The carriage gets aligned to the center of your printer. Halt until your printer is stable and hushed before you commence.
- Release the cartridge from its slot and then remove the cartridge out of its slot.
- Unpack the new ink cartridge from its packaging, and then unwrap the plastic tape by pulling the orange tab.
- Ascertain that you do not touch the HP 6960 ink nozzles or the copper colored contacts. By touching these parts can leads to clogs, bad electrical connections or ink failure.
- Insert the tri-color cartridge into the left side of the slot and place the black ink cartridge into the right side of the slot. Reiterate the steps to replace the other ink cartridges, if required.
- Close the cartridge access door. If you receive a message that load white paper on your printer’s control panel. If the paper is already placed, click Ok. The alignment page gets printed.
Step 5: Ink cartridge alignment
- Open the scanner lid. Position the alignment page with the print side downward. Use the engraved guides to load the alignment page correctly.
- Shut the scanner lid, and then click OK on the printer’s control panel.
- The printer scans the alignment page. Once the alignment gets completed, click Ok to continue.
- If the issue gets resolved, you can stop troubleshooting.
- If the issue does not resolve, call our tech support on our toll-free 1-888-666-7936 to rectify the issue.