HP Officejet Pro 6230 Ink
When the text on the printed documents starts looking dull or the printer does not print anything and keeps giving out white papers displaying a message that the toner is empty, it is time for you to replace the HP Officejet Pro 6230 Ink cartridge in your printer for you to be able to print documents through it. Changing the ink cartridge in your printer is a fairly simple task but there are a number of minute details that need to be taken into consideration that makes it a fairly complex task. Also, if you’re not careful there are chances for you to brick the device making it impossible for use without a service or replacement.
Replace Ink Cartridge
- To check if your cartridge is genuine, scan the QR code on the cartridge. If a validation screen pops up, it is an authentic cartridge manufactured by HP and not if the screen stays the same on scanning the QR code.
- Once you are done with verifying all this stuff, it is time for you to replace the ink cartridge in your printer. Follow the steps mentioned below to get rid of any complications during the replacement process.
- Turn on the HP Officejet Pro 6230 printer and open the cartridge access door and wait until the printer becomes idle. Push on the cartridge to release it from its position and pull it out towards you to remove it
- Unpack the new cartridge from its package and push the pink tab to remove the plastic film from the body of the cartridge. Be sure to hold the cartridge only by the plastic, touching it anywhere can cause it to fail.
- With the copper strips of the cartridge facing the printer insert it into the printer. Slide it in until the cartridge clicks into place.
- It is also necessary that the letters on the cartridge match the letters and the colored dots on the printer. Close the cartridge access door after inserting it into position.
- Now to align the cartridge to get the best performance out of it, place an empty sheet into the printer and follow the instructions mentioned below.
- On a Windows machine, Open the HP Solution center and tap on settings to choose the Printer toolbox option. A pop-up screen with an option to automatically align the cartridge will appear.
- Choose the option and follow the instructions on the screen to finish aligning the cartridge. If a test page gets printed, it means the aligning process was successful.
- Even after replacing a new cartridge if the printer does not print, try resetting the printer.
- Turn on the printer and remove the power cord with the printer turned on and after a minute connect it back and turn on the printer if it does not turn on automatically. Try printing and check if the issue has been resolved.
- If there is some other problem with your cartridge, follow these steps.Turn on the printer and open the cartridge access door after the printer goes idle.
- The cartridge should have moved to the center. Push on it to release it and pull it out of the printer. Check if there are any leaks or clogs present in the cartridge. Using a soft damp cloth wipe away any leaks that are present.
- Do the same if there is any dirt or dust that has accumulated on the cartridge and the copper contacts.
- Also, check if there are any electrical contacts at the bottom of the cartridge.
- Do not keep the cartridge out of the printer for more than 10 minutes, if not the ink will start to dry.
- Insert the cartridge back into the slot and check if the issue has been resolved by printing a document through the printer. Do the same with the other cartridge if needed.
- Before making a purchase, it is important to find the cartridges compatible with your printer.
- The cartridges that will work with HP OfficeJet Pro 6230 are HP 934 Black for black ink and HP 935 Cyan, HP 935 Magenta and HP 935 Yellow for Cyan, Magenta and Yellow inks respectively. Also, HP 934 XL and HP 935 XL are high yield HP Officejet Pro 6230 Ink cartridges.