HP Officejet 6962 Troubleshooting
- Employ the HP print and scan doctor tool to quickly and safely resolve HP Officejet 6962 troubleshooting errors.
- Make your printer as a default one under Devices and Printers.
- After setting your printer as the default printer, resume the print job that was paused earlier to see if your printer is functional.
- If the status of the printer remains offline, try resetting the printer connection. This will most likely solve existing error states.
- Ensure that the appropriate communication port has been chosen for the printer. If this is not done properly, your HP Officejet 6962 printer will have trouble coming online.
- Another possible cause of your printer remaining offline is outdated or corrupt firmware. Keep the firmware updated to the latest version to keep the printer running smoothly.
- If your printer has been connected by a wired network, check the network cable connections on the printer. Make sure that the cable is plugged in securely.
- Keep all the devices in use close to each other. The signal strength is better at lesser distances.
- Restart all the devices- the printer, the router and your computer. See if the restart prompted your printer to come online.
- If your printer has been connected using a wired network, make sure that the cable connections on your printer are secure.
- Connect your printer to the computer directly, using a USB cable.
- Make sure that your printer has been enlisted as the default printer. Delete other printers from the existing queue and try to print.
- Open the Printers and Scanners menu under System Preferences. Click on the space displayed next to the name of your printer. Remove the name of your printer from this list.
- Now add your printer back to the list and see if the printer comes online.
Network Scanner Connection error
- Make sure that the HP Officejet 6962 troubleshooting issue is printer related. Check the connections on the printer- wired or wireless, and if the problem continues, then proceed further.
- Reboot the computer and the printer. Check the settings updated for the scan job and see if your printer is getting listed under Scanners.
- Make sure that you have connected your printer to the network and that your printer is ready for the scan job.
- Check the status of the network on your computer. Make sure that the signal strength is good. Check which network your printer is connected to and make sure it is yours.
- Use the HP Print and Scan Doctor, a free tool that diagnoses printer troubles, to resolve and rectify scanning issues on your printer.
- Uninstall the existing printer driver and install a more current and updated version of the driver. Most times, errors on your printer are being caused by outdated or corrupt software.
- Download and install the latest software for your printer. When downloading, make sure to choose the full featured printer driver. This enables full featured printer functionality.
- Check the settings under Windows Image Acquisition. The status should be displayed as Started and Automatic. If it displays as anything else, update the settings to what was mentioned before.
- The issue may also be caused because of your firewall. Firewall blocks or prevents external threats on your printer. Disable any firewall software that has been enabled on your system and see if your printer is able to work.
black or color ink not printing
- Make sure to use only genuine and authentic cartridges to print on your printer.
- Check the available ink levels on the printer. Click on the ink icon on the control panel of the printer and check the ink level estimate on the printer.
- If any of the cartridges are low on ink or empty, replace it with a new cartridge.
- To replace the old cartridge, take it out of the slot by pressing on top of the cartridge.
- Unwrap the new cartridge and hold it such that the cartridge contacts face the printer.
- Slide it into place and make sure to place the cartridge in the appropriate slot.
- Before placing the new ink carriage, snap the orange tab on it counter-clockwise to remove it, so that the cartridge is vented.
- You could also check if the cartridge contacts are properly vented. If the contacts are clogged with ink or debris, you may not be able to print. Clean the contacts using a straight pin or a lint-free cloth. Try printing and see if your error has been resolved. If not try cleaning the printhead.
- There is an automated tool available with your printer to clean the printhead. Use this tool to clean the printhead and try to print.See if the error state has been resolved.
- If the error persists on your printer, try aligning the cartridges on your printer. Print an alignment page and see if the print jobs you send to the printer are succeeding.
- If none of the above solutions helped, try servicing the printer.
Printer skips wireless connection
- Switch off and restart all the devices in use and see if the error gets resolved. When you do this, you will be disconnected from the network until you switch on the router again.
- Use the free tool provided by HP, the HP Print and Scan Doctor. See if there are any errors identified by the HP Print and Scan Doctor. Take the required action to rectify the same.
- Check the status and signal strength of your wireless network. Check the light that blinks for wireless on your printer. It has to be steady and blue.
- Print a network configuration page on your printer and check the page to see if you have connected to the correct network. Check the name of the network as displayed under the SSID column.
- Modify the name of the network to something more unique and try to connect to the network. To avoid network interference,turn off other routers if any.
- Print a network configuration page and check the IP address of the printer.
- Update the firmware on your printer to the latest available version.
- After getting the new firmware installed on your system, try to connect your printer to the network, if the connection still drops, continue HP Officejet 6962 troubleshooting.
- Give your printer a manual IP address. See if this solves the problem.If not, call our techies on the Toll-free 1-888-666-7936.