HP Envy 7640 Setup
- Link your HP Envy 7640 printer and the system using a USB cable. Affirm that you have plugged it into a USB port directly on your system, and not by means a USB hub.
- It is necessary to connect some of the printers into the power source. Keep the printer on by pressing the power button.
- The printer links to the network is discovered by your Windows operating system and installs the necessary printer driver for it.
- Check our website and download the printer driver and install it using the prompts displayed on the screen.
- You can go with Wired or Wireless connection type based on your preference.
- If you choose the Wired mode, use a Ethernet cable to link your printer to the network router. This is more than enough to get connected to the network, the rest will be done by itself.
- If you choose the Wireless mode, key in the network name and password in order to link the printer and the system wirelessly.
- Avoid interruption in signal by keeping all the devices within the network range. Make sure that you link the HP Envy 7640 printer and the system to the same wireless network connection.
- After establishing the printer connection, install the required printer driver and software in your Windows computer.
- Click Devices and Printers, and then go with Add a printer. Click on Add a network or wireless. When doing this, your Windows computer starts scanning the printer on the network.
- If you are using Windows 8 version, it automatically scans for both local and network printers.
- Select the printer you are using from the displayed list, and then tap on Next.
- You Windows computer prompts you to install the printer drivers. Affirm that your printer is linked to the Internet and then click Install driver.
- The printing job can be done only after installing the printer driver.
- Check whether your HP Envy 7640 printer can be set as a network printer.
- Go through the guides prompted on the screen and initiate the installation HP Envy 7640 Setup.
- Go with either Wired or wireless network connection to connect the printer to the network.
- If you are a user who are opt for the Wired connection, use a Ethernet cable to connect the computer to your network.
- If you are a user who opt for the Wireless connection, key in the provided network name and the password in the respective fields, when prompted.
- You are directed to connect the HP Envy 7640 printer and computer to the same wireless network connection.
- Keep all the devices within the network coverage. Keep your printer, system and the router in the on state. While setting up the printer, you are instructed to locate the HP Envy 7640 printer and router at a minimum distance.
- Choose the Apple menu and choose the System Preferences option.
- Click on the Print and Fax option. Choose the plus button to find new printers.
- Choose your network printer from the Default tab. Choose Add. Your printer gets installed in OS x, and you can choose it from the print menu.
- Start printing the desired document or photo using your printer. If you any issue, call our technical support team on our toll-free number to resolve it.