HP Envy 5663 Ink cartridge issue
If the HP Envy 5663 Ink cartridges on your printer have not been aligned properly, the next time you attempt to print or scan on your printer, you may receive an error message saying that the alignment was unsuccessful on your printer. This is an error state and requires immediate user action if you wish to print again.
To resolve an alignment unsuccessful error, try the following
- Try to scan the alignment page obtained from the printer. After that try to reset the printer.
- Switch on the printer and disconnect the power cable of the printer from the ports on either end.
- Wait for a minute and replace the power cord into the appropriate ports. Switch on the 123.hp.com/envy5663 printer.
- See if the printer warms up, check for noises and blinking lights on your printer. Wait for this process to get completed.
- If your error has still not been resolved, try the options given below.
- Examine the cartridges on your printer. See if they are compatible with your printer or belong to the printer manufacturer. If not, replace them with authentic ones immediately.
- Print the alignment page on your printer and check the alignment page for errors.
- If the ink seems light or dull, you may have to replace the cartridges.
- If all the patterns on the alignment page are properly aligned and solid, the alignment error is fake and you may have to service the printer.
- If the patterns are misaligned or faded, you should check the HP Envy 5663 Ink levels available on your cartridges.
- If you find that either of the cartridges or both of them are low on ink, you may have to replace them.
- Even after replacing the cartridges, if the problem has not been resolved, continue to the next step.
- You can try cleaning the cartridge or the printhead assembly. Most printers are equipped with automated tools to clean the printhead assembly. You can access this tool from the software or computer you are using.
- Go to the Settings or Tools option under Printer Properties and locate the Clean Printhead option.
- Wait for the automated tool to clean the printhead and print an alignment page.
- If all of the above steps failed to correct your issue. Instructions on how to remove and replace a cartridge on your printer is also available with us.
- If this also did not help correcting the error state on your HP Envy 5663 printer, your printer may require servicing.