HP Deskjet 2131 Troubleshooting
123 HP Deskjet 2131 Paper Jam
- To solve the paper jam issue with the 123.hp.com/dj2131 printer,initially,discard the jammed paper that is located in the interior of the printer.
- Discard the jammed paper that is accessible from the input tray,output tray,ink cartridge access area and in the base of the printer.
- Primarily,with the help of the flashlight,examine the exact locations of the jammed paper and then discard the jammed paper carefully.
- In case you are not able to solve the issue,verify whether the carriage slides freely across the width of the printer.
- Make use of the flashlight to examine whether there are any hindrances that stop the carriage movement.If yes,discard them.
- Utilize the automated tool to wipe the rollers which may help you to clear the paper jam issue.
- For false paper jam issue,recustomising the printer helps you to solve the HP Deskjet 2131 Troubleshooting issue .
123 HP Deskjet 2131 Printer offline
In case the version of the Windows operating system is 8 or 10,utilize the HP Print and Scan Doctor to clear the several printer related issues.
- Download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor on the system where you are attempting to print from.
- Once you have downloaded the tool,access the tool and then trail the on-screen instructions to solve the issue.
- In certain situations,the installed printer driver have modified to another driver with the similar type.
- In such situations,alter the default 123 HP deskjet 2131 printer driver to the installed driver and examine whether the printer is not in offline mode.
- Try to reconfigure the printer which also helps you to retain the lost connection of the printer with the system.
- In certain situations,the printer may utilize the wrong port for communication,so alter the appropriate port the printer uses.
- Check for the firmware update,if there is any firmware update available,update the firmware to solve the issue.
- Exclude the printer’s name and then include it again using the HP Printing software.
- When there is no communication between the printer an Mac,the offline message screens.Select the connection type to solve the issue.
- In case you have a USB connection,detach the USB cable and then attach it again to the Mac system
- In case you have network printer connection,examine whether the printer’s name is enlisted to ensure that the printer is linked.
- Reboot the printer helps you to retain the stored values in the firmware.After performing the step issue persists,move to the next step.
- In case there are multiple devices in the 123.hp.com/dj2131 printer list.eliminate the additional devices from the list which are in idle status.
- Eliminate the existing print queue from the list of available devices and then include it again to generate a new printing session.
- In case all the above steps do not solve the issue,make an attempt to reset the printing system.
- Make an attempt to link the printer using the same type of connection to examine whether the issue is with the system.
123 HP 2131 Print job stuck in Print Queue
- Delete the print job files and reboot the system and printer.
- Utilize the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool to identify and clear printing and scanning related issues once installed.
- In case the print jobs are stuck while printing,reconfigure the printing software system by deleting and installing the printer driver.
- In case the issue still exists,transiently deactivate the firewall software on the system to check whether the issue is with the firewall.
- If the HP Deskjet 2131 troubleshooting issue is with firewall,modify the firewall setting to permit the Windows Spooler service to access the system.
- If the issue is not with the firewall,deactivate the firewall , clear the print queue and then try to print.
- Reboot the system and log into the Windows using a different Windows account.In case the printer operates,examine the necessary permissions to print.
- Terminate all the scanning options,if the printing or scanning related issue displays on the printer’s control panel to solve the issue.
- In case the prints job stuck becomes a hindrance for the communication between the printer and system,follow the instructions given below:
- If you have a USB printer connection,unplug the USB cable and then plug in the cable back to the system.
- If you have a network HP Deskjet 2131 printer connection,check whether the printer’s name screens in the list of available results.
- If the printer’s name is enlisted in the list,the printer is connected to the system.
- Verify whether the multiple devices are available in the printer list.In case extra devices are available ,delete the devices that are in idle state.
- Reconfiguring the printer helps you to retrieve the stored values in the firmware.
- In case you are not able to solve the issue,try to re customize the printing system.
123 HP DJ2131 Scanner Connection Issue
- Examine whether the issue is printing related or scanning related. In case the issue is scanning related,move to the next step.
- It is necessary to reboot the 123.hp.com/setup 2131 printer and computer to retrieve the lost scan connection.
- Examine the wired or wireless network connection is operating properly.In case the printer is connected properly,try to scan.
- In wireless connection,the network signal strength is weak,place the system and router close to each other.
- Download and install the HP Print and Scan Doctor to identify and solve the printing and scanning related issues.
- You can also clear the issue by uninstalling the printer software and then reinstall the latest driver
- Deactivate the firewall software for a while and examine whether the firewall is related to the issue.If not,enable the firewall.
- Verify whether the issue is related to printing or scanning.In case the problem is with scanning,continue to the next step.
- While rebooting the Deskjet 2131 printer and system,you will be able to retrieve the scan connections and scan options.
- Examine the wireless or wired network connection and the connection status whether it is connected to the printer to perform the scan job.
- In case the printer is not linked to the system for wireless network connection,place the printer and system close to the router to attain maximum signal strength.
- Eliminate the printer’s name from the print queue and then re-include the printer’s name back to the print queue to sort out the issue
- You can also uninstall the driver that is currently in use and then install the latest printer driver to clear the HP Deskjet 2131 troubleshooting issue.